Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - Alfa restoration
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Montreal914
OT

Being that this forum is awesome with the best car knowledge, I immediately thought I'd ask here smile.gif first.gif

My friend started the restoration of his wife's 1974 Alfa Romeo GTV 2000 owned by her family since new. The car has been sitting the last 25 years sad.gif , but will be taken care of the way it should now. smile.gif

He's in Montreal, Canada, and is expanding his network of parts supplies. I offered some help being in SoCal where we can simply find so much about cars. Are there any good spots in CA for Alfa's, weather it is new or used parts? He is looking for some body panels to repair his tub, maybe there is a cemetery of shells somewhere here?

Thank you for the help or recommendations! beerchug.gif

And yes, since we all like pictures, here are a couple biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Only 1 shop in SoCal that I would reach out to for vintage Alfa Romeo parts/service/ advice is Dorian over in Montebello, Ca.
Dvmechanics.com
Click to view attachment
Montreal914
Thank you Marty beerchug.gif
Mayne
Big shipping, but I think Alfaholics in England (?) sells a lot of patch panels. They're complex cars, and like 914s, can rust from the inside out. But they are amazing! My brother's got a 74 with a very straight body and a 67 GT jr. with a horribly rusted body. He plans to restore both...

Still trying to wrap my mind around the push broom in that garage.
jvmarino
Alfa Parts Exchange is a source for used parts and is in California. Alfaholics and Classic Alfa are both good sources for parts in England. Shipping is pretty reasonable and quick.

The Alfa BB is a large forum that has the most traffic for these older coupes, sedans, and spiders. While they include all Alfa’s, those older ones make up over 70% of the discussions & classifieds.
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Dec 13 2020, 04:10 PM) *

Thank you Marty beerchug.gif

Sure thing!
Also my buds over in Lafayette Co. Centerline International Alfa
Joe is the go-to guy there. Mostly new items, but he may have good leads for you to pursue smile.gif
Enjoy your Holidays ¡!
Montreal914
QUOTE(Mayne @ Dec 13 2020, 07:09 PM) *

Big shipping, but I think Alfaholics in England (?) sells a lot of patch panels. They're complex cars, and like 914s, can rust from the inside out. But they are amazing! My brother's got a 74 with a very straight body and a 67 GT jr. with a horribly rusted body. He plans to restore both...

Still trying to wrap my mind around the push broom in that garage.

Thank you for the info, I will share it with my friend. beerchug.gif

Broom? Cleaning up the basting media from the blasting room? confused24.gif
Montreal914
QUOTE(jvmarino @ Dec 13 2020, 07:56 PM) *

Alfa Parts Exchange is a source for used parts and is in California. Alfaholics and Classic Alfa are both good sources for parts in England. Shipping is pretty reasonable and quick.

The Alfa BB is a large forum that has the most traffic for these older coupes, sedans, and spiders. While they include all Alfa’s, those older ones make up over 70% of the discussions & classifieds.

Here we go! Alfa BB, the 914world of the Alfa's (I don't think 914world exist for any other car... sunglasses.gif ) Will definitely look into it, and also in Alfa Parts Exchange.

Thank you for these info. From your signature, I see you have one, same year as my friend's. smile.gif
jvmarino
I do have a 74 GTV as well. Not a show car, but a capable driver condition one. Picked it up about 10 years ago from California (where it spent all of its life until I purchased it). Always wanted one and took advantage when prices dipped. Really wish I would have got a vintage 4 door before their prices sky-rocketed.

Here is a picture of mine from when I bought it.
Click to view attachment
Montreal914
Very nice! smile.gif and cool wheels too.
Thank you for sharing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.