Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sold 914 2.0 Porsche
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
yoursurfer
sold sold
Stuckon914
QUOTE(yoursurfer @ Dec 13 2020, 07:39 PM) *

1973 Porsche 2.0 been in dry storage for last 15 years car was taken apart and repainted white every where then reassembled and never put back on road

Car currently has 1.7 liter motor with rebuilt 36 Dellortos engine turns over I have not tied to start car in 7 or 8 years I’ve owned car

Never wrecked no major rust issues. I have a complete 1973 2.0 engine with heater boxes

Car no longer has Fuch wheels it has Mahle wheels 5 off them with new tires

I bought this car to restore but have not had time already have 1 restored 914

Do guy have more pix and how much
yoursurfer
sold sold
dyount
QUOTE(yoursurfer @ Dec 13 2020, 07:20 PM) *

Picstures updated and started removing the liner material that trunk was painted with

Texas title in my name

I'd like to take a look at it over the weekend if that's possible. I'm not horribly far away and looking for a good project for the winter
dyount
I'd be interested in seeing the car this weekend if that's possible. If it's all good we can make a deal right then
yoursurfer
QUOTE(dyount @ Dec 29 2020, 06:08 PM) *

I'd be interested in seeing the car this weekend if that's possible. If it's all good we can make a deal right then

I can show the car this Sat I work Sunday,

254-702-6628
OU8AVW
Hello 914world. I went to look at this car yesterday. It's about 2.5 hours from my place. The car had some good points and some bad points. The good:
It's pretty complete. All the gauges, seats and stuff are all there.
Seats don't match but that are nice.
The center console is there.
Hood and fenders are pretty straight.
It looks like it was never hit. The front is really straight and the trunk and frunk look worse than I think they are. A sand blast and sealer/paint would probably save them.
The 1.7 that is install has dellorto carbs, so that's a big plus.
There are significant rust issues at the usual places, hell hole, rear corners of the floor pan.
There was a really bad repair on the firewall near the hell hole.
I didn't see under the rocker covers but there was some tell tale peeling at the corners of the door jambs that had me worried.
Brian is great and has some nice cars but I think he's not familiar with this particular car. He was surprised when I pointed out all the rust. I took a pretty hard pass and was pretty bummed that I traveled a good distance with a trailer and cash, but I honestly think Brian hadn't looked the car over well (or not in a year or two of it sitting outside) and was not deceptive in his more favorable description.
Feel free to PM me is you have particular questions about this one. It definitely worth saving.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.