Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Re-intro
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rrrockhound
I thought I should re-introduce myself since it would feel weird to just start posting again after a years-long absence. I’ve had my 914 since 2005. It was my first classic car and I mean to keep it until I can no longer fold myself up into it. But I bought an old farmhouse nine years ago and underestimated how much of my time and money the property would suck up. The 914 had to go on the back burner. I drove it a few times every summer and kept up with oil changes and repairs but that was about it. I’ve only put on about 3,000 miles in the last 9 years. Then a year ago I came to my senses, sold the old place and bought a much newer house that needs nothing. Over the summer I built a garage and now the 914 now has a nice new space and I can resume working on it and improving it with my ultimate goal of a 48-state trip.

Anyway, I’ve been lurking here the past few days and I feel like Buck Rogers waking up in the future! It’s amazing how much the community has stepped up over the last several years with parts and solutions that weren’t available last time I checked. I’m really looking forward to picking up where I left off!

IPB Image
SO.O.C914er
welcome.png Back! Car looks very clean.
Jamie
QUOTE(SO.O.C914er @ Dec 13 2020, 07:30 PM) *

welcome.png Welcome back, and it appears you have another P-car parked there, maybe a Boxster?
PanelBilly
It's as if you never left. I want to hear more about this trip
Rrrockhound
QUOTE(Jamie @ Dec 13 2020, 10:34 PM) *

welcome.png Welcome back, and it appears you have another P-car parked there, maybe a Boxster?

It's a 996, and there's a 911SC beside that. I've been thinking of selling the SC to fund some restoration of the 914 but I just can't make myself do it.
Rrrockhound
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Dec 13 2020, 10:40 PM) *

Ha. That's a crazy idea I've been kicking around. I have 2 bucket list ideas, 1) hike the Appalachian Trail and 2) drive the 914 through all the lower 48 states in one go. I like to push myself. Anyway, it's still some years off because I'm still working.
bbrock
QUOTE(Rrrockhound @ Dec 14 2020, 04:58 PM) *

QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Dec 13 2020, 10:40 PM) *

Ha. That's a crazy idea I've been kicking around. I have 2 bucket list ideas, 1) hike the Appalachian Trail and 2) drive the 914 through all the lower 48 states in one go. I like to push myself. Anyway, it's still some years off because I'm still working.

Hard to say which one of those would require more walking... av-943.gif
Lucky9146
QUOTE(Rrrockhound @ Dec 14 2020, 03:45 PM) *

QUOTE(Jamie @ Dec 13 2020, 10:34 PM) *

It's a 996, and there's a 911SC beside that. I've been thinking of selling the SC to fund some restoration of the 914 but I just can't make myself do it.

welcome.png
Welcome back and SC's are such great driving cars that if you sell may quickly come to regret!

I love my SC and my 914-6, both are fun in their own way. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.