Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wanted: 901 Case
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Detroit
Hey, y'all.
As the title suggests, I'm looking for a 901 transmission case. This is for the first phase of my -6 conversion, getting the new to me 3.0 six running. Having never done this before, I intend to tackle it in the manner we would get an experimental engine up and running at GM: on a start cart. I could (and will if I have to) use the transaxle that's in the car, but then of course the car ceases to be a useful object. With a spare housing I can keep driving the car until I'm truly ready for the swap.
All I need is the case, so that I can support the back of the engine and bolt up a starter motor.
Anyway... I'm hoping that somebody out there not terribly far from the metro Detroit area has one cluttering up their garage. Please, contact me if you're that someone...

Thanks!

Eric
914werke
presume you dont care what tail cover is on it?
Krieger
Try Original Customs. Mark is a member here. He could probably hook you up
Superhawk996
PM sent
mepstein
What you want to ask for is an early tailshifter 914 case. You should be able to get one for very little money to free.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 14 2020, 03:55 PM) *

What you want to ask for is an early tailshifter 914 case. You should be able to get one for very little money to free.

I've got him covered with a tail shifter case if he want's it.
Detroit
Thanks, all. I've responded to the PM's.
It sounds like Superhawk has indeed hooked me up with a tail shift case.
Brilliant.
racer914
That's pretty cool...I'm liking this community. aktion035.gif
Detroit
For sure, Racer. I had a couple of offers within a couple of hours...
Nice peops.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.