Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Correct air fllter for a 74 ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bdstone914
I think the rusty top with the larger nipple at the rear is correct. The powder coated one is from my 73.

The dirty top has an added nipple at the front that is not correct. I think that is for a 74.

The 75-76 have a flange at the front for the EGR. But that may only b for CA emissions.

@jeffbowlsby
JamesM
The one with the large port is not for a 74 (at least not any 74 I have seen)

That large port is for the later non-crank case valve venting setup that used the larger hose from the oil filer housing. Guessing what you have there is a 75 non-ca/smog pump air filter housing.

74 had the smaller port like the 73 but the straight line pattern on top like the 75. I can grab some pictures later if you need as i have both.

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Dec 15 2020, 10:55 AM) *

I think the rusty top with the larger nipple at the rear is correct. The powder coated one is from my 73.

The dirty top has an added nipple at the front that is not correct. I think that is for a 74.

The 75-76 have a flange at the front for the EGR. But that may only b for CA emissions.

@jeffbowlsby

JeffBowlsby
agree.gif
914Sixer
Maybe 1976 912E with AFC?
JeffBowlsby
912E is L-Jet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.