Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pedals
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BPatenious
Hi, this is my first post/question. I've been getting great advice reading some of the other posts, Thanks. I recently aquired a 1976 914 2.0 in great condition and I'm finding out how fun it is to drive. I'm sure this will sound funny but being 5'5" I have to move the seat so far forward to reach the pedals that the steering wheel is in my chest. Is there any good pedal extensions out there? I find alot to dress them up but none that would extend about an inch. Thanks
ValcoOscar
Same here, I'm 5'8", hide.gif and years ago I lengthened my clutch pedal 1.00 by spicing it with an old pedal lever. Worked great!!!! I swear I was 5'-10" in high school screwy.gif

Easy fix

Oscar

Cairo94507
Hi- Is your steering wheel stock? I am 5'5" and have a stock wheel and I do not have issues with the steering wheel hitting me in the chest. I ask because aftermarket wheels require an adapter that generally moves the steering wheel 2-3" closer to the driver- that is a lot.
930cabman
Italian cars are built for guys/gals with short legs, German cars are not. I have used wood blocks screwed into the steel pedals on my 930. Only about 1" thick if I recall, but makes a big difference
rgalla9146
Buy a loose brake pedal here from one of the regular
suspects.
Amputate the lever and reattach to your existing lever at your desired height.
A brake pedal has a flat lever that can be welded to the shaft of the clutch pedal
Coondog
Who put the Pedal extension on my 914

Click to view attachment
bdstone914

@BPatenious

I have extra brake pedals if you want to weld a section into your existing pedals. I hear more complaints about the clutch pedal lenght from verticlly challenged drivers.
ClayPerrine
I am 5'5" tall, and I just put the seat all the way forward.

I am not jammed up against the steering wheel. But all of our 914s have stock steering wheels.

Clay
Chris914n6
Tilt the seat back?

There are plenty of pedal covers that bolt on, with longer screws and a spacer should get you an inch. 914 pedals are the same as 911 of the decade.
sb914
Click to view attachment piratenanner.gif
abes914
i am 5'6 and don't have the issue that you are having. i have the seats moved forward and tilted backwards i think. i drove a few years with stock steering wheels and now with momo prototipo.

I was once in a car show and saw this 356 with taped wooden blocks on the pedals.

I also remember some aftermarket pedals that clipped on the pedals. example like below...

Click to view attachment
90quattrocoupe
My wife at the time I bought my 914 was 4'11". Using small carriage bolts, I put 1in thick rubber pads on the pedals. It worked fine and did not bother me at 5'10"

Greg W.
bkrantz
Could we transplant about 3 inches of leg room from your car to mine? smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.