Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Kardex
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Unobtanium-inc
Anyone ever seen one of these?
930cabman
Very cool, only 50 years old. I started wrenching in the late '60's , never saw anything from 50 years prior to then. At the time cars from the teens or 20's seemed more than ancient.

Root_Werks
That's cool, imagine how cool if you could find the car it goes with.
JeffBowlsby
@Hec
rudedude
thats neat. I have them for 356 and 911 but have never seen a 914. Can you get one for other serial numbered cars?
mate914
We tried to get one for the six. If you know someone (hint hint) that can go into Porsche archives and look, I hear there are still some Kardex cards for our cars. Porsche won't issue them any more... I think that sucks!
davep
Yes, I am now offering them to clients; a select few 1970 914/6 and most of 1970, but no 1972.
BTW, this is the Fahrzeug-Auftrag or vehicle order sheet that accompanied the body along the final assembly line.
The Kardex is a Warranty document, and an entirely different document.
For the 914/6 without an F-A, and all 914/4, I can make up a pseudo-CoA Report.
johnhora
davep....what documentation can you provide...pm me if needed...thanks
@davep
davep
John, for any 914/4 I supply a Report similar in content to a CoA, but with a bit more, and better detail on the options. I do like to get the Karmann body # from the paint badge or other locations, and the date code from the Compliance decal. Best to email me for details.
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(mate914 @ Dec 16 2020, 06:28 AM) *

We tried to get one for the six. If you know someone (hint hint) that can go into Porsche archives and look, I hear there are still some Kardex cards for our cars. Porsche won't issue them any more... I think that sucks!

I have a guy at the Factory who helps me but my unwritten rule is I will only ask if the car is one I'm researching for a story, or one I have, not for friends and family. I try and honor this since I don't want to burden my source and have him go dark on me.
Superhawk996
Duplicate post . . . I'm on a roll today!
Superhawk996
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Dec 16 2020, 06:26 PM) *

Factory top secret information on 50 year old cars that can't be made public by Porsche due to privacy concerns . . . yeah, right. av-943.gif

But you can pay to have have a Porsche Classis Partner approved dealership inspect your car and then provide you with a certificate after they have lightened your wallet by $500. hanged.gif

Happy customer of @DaveP aktion035.gif

flat4guy
I'm not your friend or family so can I get one? haha
bkrantz
Interesting that the vehicle order sheet has the trans serial number, but the COA does not (at least for mine and others I have seen).
davep
QUOTE(bkrantz @ Dec 16 2020, 09:57 PM) *

Interesting that the vehicle order sheet has the trans serial number, but the COA does not (at least for mine and others I have seen).

I believe that PCNA uses a computer database for the CoA. My source for the Report I provide normally uses the same thing and it does not have transmission #'s for any 914 I am told. So one has to rely on the F-A to get the transmission #. My view is that we are very lucky to have any access to this information. But for how long??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.