Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for a 914 Mechanic in Nashville, TN
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
NP914
Looking for a mechanic around Nashville, TN (live in Gallatin, TN) to do some engine work because of some oil leaks. Also have other items that would like to address. Any recommendations?
Luke M
QUOTE(NP914 @ Dec 16 2020, 10:09 AM) *

Looking for a mechanic around Nashville, TN (live in Gallatin, TN) to do some engine work because of some oil leaks. Also have other items that would like to address. Any recommendations?

Try Air cooled classics? They are located in Knoxville, TN.
Maybe a little far from you. I know as I've done the drive from Knox to Nash.
I know someone close to you that maybe able to help.
Let me pm him and see if he could help you out.
914andy
GPO tuning 615-248-9466. website. located just on the east side of Nash. I go here.
German Motorworks..I have no experience with them.
Renntag Motorworks... Wikey was slamed last time I checked with him
those are probably the top 3. I'm sure there are others
Andy
NP914
Thanks, Andy!
NP914
Thanks, Luke! That would be great!
IronHillRestorations
I wish I could help, but with my property sale pending, I'm not taking any jobs
NP914
Thanks, Perry. Yes, that would be great but I completely understand with your pending move.
NP914
Has anyone used J-3 Restorations in Columbia, TN?
914andy
I wanted them to do some work on my 74 LE. Went down and talked with them. They did not seem to enthused about it. They are the caliber that I am looking for but I got the impression that they are doing high dollar restorations. Some very well known shops are sending stuff to them to have done. I will go back and speak with them again because I would like for them to do it....but ...if there not interested I can't make them and it will be time to move on.
Perry would be great also but I think he is bailing on us av-943.gif
Hope you don't move to far away Perry !!!!

Andy
56kabrio
J-3 in Columbia has done a lot of work for me in the past (before I moved to Massachusetts). Rich Ewald is the owner. Great guy. Seems as though he’s moved more toward doing metal work on Porsches, but if he’s still doing mechanical work, I wouldn’t hesitate to let him work on my cars.

Good luck

Mack Griffith
914andy
Agreed. Lots of VW buses hangin around that place. And just so the air is clear, I was not dissing them. They do outstanding work, but left me with the impression they did not want to do metal work on a 914.

Andy
Sea Rooster
My car is currently at J-3 (almost done!), there are two other 914's and many 911's, 356's and bugs in various stages of repair. Rich fixed some minor body issues the car had and the engine / tranny were sent away for complete rebuilds. His crew does do other mechanical work on site.

Drop by the shop, give him a call or look them up on Facebook for awesome pics and updates.

Great people and great work.
NP914
Great, thanks for the info!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.