Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 123 Dizzy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BillJ
Ok so probably a stupid question. But here goes anyway.

Rebuilding my motor and really interested in the 123 Distributor. I am keeping the d-jet on my 75 intact. If i install the non-Bluetooth with vacuum as specified, do i still install back all the hoses?

rjames
QUOTE(BillJ @ Dec 16 2020, 09:50 AM) *

Ok so probably a stupid question. But here goes anyway.

Rebuilding my motor and really interested in the 123 Distributor. I am keeping the d-jet on my 75 intact. If i install the non-Bluetooth with vacuum as specified, do i still install back all the hoses?

Yes, although depending on which setting you select on the 123 dizzy you could delete the vacuum retard hose that runs from the throttle body to the stock dizzy.
BeatNavy
You install all the vacuum lines, but the dizzy itself only has one port on it. You use it for either advance or retard, depending on which curve you select. In my case, with a '74 D-Jet setup I used advance curve "B" and so I attached the retard hose based on instructions for that curve. If you end up using the retard hose but have an advance port on your throttle body just plug the latter so you don't have a vacuum leak.

Edit: sorry, Robert beat me to it.
BillJ
Got it thanks guys. Cleaner look would be nice but I am not going to go to carbs. I have pertronix already on order but I really think that a modern brand new ignition system seems wise.

Is 123ignitionusa.com the most cost effective place to purchase?
BeatNavy
QUOTE(BillJ @ Dec 16 2020, 02:08 PM) *

Is 123ignitionusa.com the most cost effective place to purchase?

Probably. We did a group buy a while back and got a discount. But unless you can find someone unloading one then it’s probably best to go to them.
BillJ
ok thanks a bunch. Will call them and see if they can cut me a break. I think this will be a good upgrade for the car and play better with the HC pistons i am putting in.
BillJ
Talked to Ed at 123 and he was really patient and knowledgeable about the product. Went ahead and pulled the trigger is my point. My wallet is dizzy but looking forward to sparking some fun rides.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(BillJ @ Dec 16 2020, 04:52 PM) *

Talked to Ed at 123 and he was really patient and knowledgeable about the product. Went ahead and pulled the trigger is my point. My wallet is dizzy but looking forward to sparking some fun rides.

Bill,

I also have the 123 on my '75 , and am running the B or C curve with the retard line from the throttle body to the vacc port on the dizzy. You will find that it runs super smooth with this ! I feel like the curve is very flat but smooth, so slight difference from my stock distributor would be that i think i had a bit stronger acceleration in the higher RPM range with the advance that comes with the stock set up in that range, but no bucking or issues and idle is so much better too, i think you will be happy with it.
how is the rest of the car coming? hoping i can come up in January for another
DE outing!!

Phil
BillJ
Great advice and was going to ask what profile people with djet were running. I suspect that with the 96mm flat pistons the extra hp will be quite nice.

The car is still nice but lots of little things that a seldom.used car will experience. Replaced the center tunnel.lines for peace of mind, new fuel tank as there was junk getting into fuel filter, new shifter bushing, etc. Expect to have the car back in action by end of month. Oh and i am back in Charlotte so a lot closer!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.