Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 901 Tools and Aluminum Bearing Carier
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
914forme
Up first tools.

Everything in the pictures below, the 4 main tools.
SIR Tools P-225 synchro press
901 Shift fork jig
914-Werks shaft and Gear Stack holders, basic thin wall tub, and electrical tap on the handle - I never did fix these the way I wanted to. Solid Handles, and grip tape of some kind, sorry.
Dr. Evil DVD if I can find it confused24.gif

$100 plus shipping SOLD!

Click to view attachment

Tool in the Wooden Box - it is a magical tool, used to set the pinion depth on VW transaxles. Yes it is a VW Tool. It can be modified to fit the 914 / 901 transmission bearings and then become that ever important tool to set proper pinion depth. I have realized with the Evil Dr, being 60 miles from my place, I will go to him if I need to fix a 901.

$350 plus shipping. SOLD!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Last item is an aluminum intermediate plate for a 901 $250 shipped SOLD!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
914werke
Interesting tool. You say it would need to be modified to work on the 914 carrier? Can you elaborate?
914forme
Both ends where the bearing rides has to be turned down to fit the inner diameter of the bearing at a proper shoulder depth to place the bearing in the proper location. big Lathe, LOL 4-5" chuck, not really huge, just bigger than what I have in my shop.

Never took it to work to do it.
rcotten951
PM sent I would like the whole lot please. Thanks, Russ
MM1
Please put me 2nd on the list if Russ passes on any.
Superhawk996
I'll take tools and pinion tool if anyting falls though with 1st or 2nd buyer
BillC
If Russ passes all of the above pass, I'll take the "magic" tool in the wooden box. It should fit in my lathe just fine for the needed modifications.

Edit -- drat, I need to post faster.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(BillC @ Dec 16 2020, 05:36 PM) *

hissyfit.gif me too! Luckily I don't think anyone has invented a bid sniper for 914world.com yet. happy11.gif And hopefully that will never be allowed to happen here! I've come to loathe evil bay!
MM1
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Dec 16 2020, 05:40 PM) *

QUOTE(BillC @ Dec 16 2020, 05:36 PM) *

hissyfit.gif me too! Luckily I don't think anyone has invented a bid sniper for 914world.com yet. happy11.gif And hopefully that will never be allowed to happen here! I've come to loathe evil bay!

Agreed.

Full disclosure, however . . .I've only bought 1 thing larger/more expensive than a hot wheel or vintage cast iron (Griswold) waffle iron on evil-bay . . .and that was the first thing I ever bought on Ebay in 2001 after moving to the "Golden State" -an antiquated term now . . .my one-California-family owned, completely original (and only slightly battle-scarred) 1972 GMC Jimmy "Custom" (trim-level). . .bought it sight unseen and wanted it so bad I tried this "e-snipe" thing that guys at work were talking about. There's no way I would have beaten all those body shops after it without that "evil-sniper" . . . never used it again - but I've never regretted it. One shot -one kill - done.

Mea culpa . . . happy11.gif
914forme
Everything is sold!
mb911
Man missed out on this. Spending all day working on 914 parts got me this time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.