Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Your ideas on if you think this radio would be a good choice
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ampex351
I have done a lot of looking but can't seem to find which radio was stock and which was optional in 914's. I have a '73 and found the following Blaupunkt in great condition WITH the cassette player still working. Yes, I still play cassettes. Does anyone know if this radio
(Blaupunkt CR-4096) will fit my '73 914? I'm thinking it would at least still look period for that time and I could play cassettes. Any ideas?

Thanks!Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
That looks like the correct vintage. I am trying to recall the radio in my '73 2.0 I bought brand new in '74. That looks almost like it I think. The price looks OK in the eBay ad.
914Sixer
Correct, no. Now with that said you can put what ever you want as 90 per cent of all radios were dealer installed. You could have had anything from AM Mono , 8 track, AM FM Stereo. Only cassette factory style radio was the Becker Mexico. It was a 2 pieces with a head unit and power amp.

petlan55
That Blaupunkt was called the Combo II and it came to market around 1976 so it could have been dealer installed in some of the last 914s. I bought one of these then and it was rather expensive at $350.00! The price of electronics back then was compared high.
jdamiano
I have that one in my 73. Looks and sounds good plus great reception but not original to the car. It might be one put in a 73 from the dealer if it was on the lot for a long time. I think they were a dealer option in about 75. This site shows them as an option in 73. https://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/Accessories.htm
gereed75
I like it! Vintage enough!
914werke
yup 70s radios are tough to come buy nowadays: I just found this one which is more 80s but close enough
Ampex351
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Dec 17 2020, 06:53 PM) *

That looks like the correct vintage. I am trying to recall the radio in my '73 2.0 I bought brand new in '74. That looks almost like it I think. The price looks OK in the eBay ad.

Thank you!! Finally found somebody that has one like I want to buy. It's only $125 and the cassette works fine! I like it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.