Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: That red wire thing....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Speedo
Need some guidance on this single red wire with a female spade coming off the back of the ignition plug. Looks factory, but goes no where and is not shown on the schematic. Schematic shows a red wire that connects to both #11 fuse (confirmed) and to the light switch (confirmed).
Where does this dude go?
Click to view attachment
GregAmy
Year? On my '74 the red wire off the ignition switch goes to position 15 on the headlight switch.

Edit: clarification. The one coming off the "X" goes to the headlight; the one coming off 15 on the ignition goes to one side of the seatbelt warning light. Since it's short that may be what you're looking at (and why it's disconnected).
Luke M
Hi Lars,

I have the same red wire loose on my 6 and it goes to the R pin on the ignition housing.
The red wire is dead and on my car it has shrink wrap on the end.
I sent you a text with the pics.

I'll add the pics here as well.
altitude411
I believe "R' on the six ignition switch is the power to the radio and is hot in all key positions except off
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(altitude411 @ Dec 18 2020, 06:57 PM) *

I believe "R' on the six ignition switch is the power to the radio and is hot in all key positions except off

agree.gif

That is how the radio in Elwood is wired.

Speedo
Thanks guys. Sure would be nice if the schematic made note of that. dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.