Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: On a sunny December morning
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thieuster
Normally, December is wet. windy and cold in this part of the world (NW Europe). But this year it's different. The weather is very fine: sunshine, no wind and temps are just above freezing.

On the roads, no salt, no puddles only leafs. A good day to pull the Porsche out of the barn for a trip!

IPB Image

The ride was a little lumpy at first (un-used for a few months and old fuel in the tank?) and the headlights wouldn't pop up. I suspect the fuse; I can't hear the motors and the lights are 'on' in the lowered position. Tomorrow is a good day for a check.

(My car is an all-original VW-Porsche with Wolfsburg hubcaps (see my avatar pic) and Wolfsburg logo steering wheel. For the real 'connaisseurs': 1973 original number plate, which gives it away as a car that's been on Dutch roads since new! And that makes it a very, very rare 914 in this part of the woods: 99% is imported from the US and Italy).

Mueller
Car looks great, glad you are able to enjoy it.
MM1
Sehr cool!
dcheek
Love the Steelies!

Dave
914Sixer
Looking GOOD ! aktion035.gif
mepstein
If your heat works, take the top off.
Montreal914
Very nice car! 2.0 too smile.gif

Did it come factory with sway bars and center console? What about the 2 liter Fuchs wheels and vinyl sail panels? Curious to see is the 2.0 was delivered with different standard equipment in Eu vs NA...
ValcoOscar
My vote for PHOTO OF THE DAY!!!! first.gif

Enjoy
914_7T3
wub.gif
brcacti
THUMBS UP smile.gif
Jamie
QUOTE(dcheek @ Dec 19 2020, 01:27 PM) *

Love the Steelies!

Dave

Me too!
bbrock
What a fantastic car! Nice to see another non-appearance group 2.0 - and an untouched one at that! Just wonderful. wub.gif
shane
Great looking car!!! So fun driving.gif
Lucky9146
Thanks for posting! Great to hear from Germany and that you were able to enjoy your car this time of year. Really nice looking car too! Safe travels beerchug.gif
driving.gif white914.jpg
thieuster
QUOTE(Lucky9146 @ Dec 20 2020, 04:23 AM) *

Thanks for posting! Great to hear from Germany and that you were able to enjoy your car this time of year. Really nice looking car too! Safe travels beerchug.gif
driving.gif white914.jpg

Thanks for the nice words guys! The car is original apart from the 'go-faster stripes' on the side. I added them because everybody asks me: "What is it?"

Indeed, it's a European 2.0. It could use a respray, but I love the originality. I had the engine out ± 5 yrs ago and that gave me the chance to inspect it all, including taking the rockers off. No holes etc. Back then, I cleaned and resprayed the inside of the engine bay. Just for cosmetics. No surprise that it is in such good condition. I'm the second owner and when I bought the car, it had been standing idle for 17 yrs (!) in a garage in the south of Spain. A lot of 'pensionados' from where I live, tend to move to Spain with all their belongings. The owner always had the idea of using the car in Spain, but it never happened because electric gremlins got hold of the car. Nobody in Spain was able to rectify that. Ultimately, when I got the car, it was just a day's work to get it going again.

The fog light is as ugly as can be, but back in the 70s, everybody had those lights somewhere on the back of their cars! So, I'll leave it in place.
Rleog
Simply beautiful.
ddire333
Great looking 914, and nice to get car out at this time of year, not too many chances without rain or salt, same weather here on other side of Europe today so will get out as well.

RolinkHaus

What town are you from? My family is from the Emsland area, Lünne.

QUOTE(thieuster @ Dec 19 2020, 04:04 PM) *

Normally, December is wet. windy and cold in this part of the world (NW Europe). But this year it's different. The weather is very fine: sunshine, no wind and temps are just above freezing.

On the roads, no salt, no puddles only leafs. A good day to pull the Porsche out of the barn for a trip!

IPB Image

The ride was a little lumpy at first (un-used for a few months and old fuel in the tank?) and the headlights wouldn't pop up. I suspect the fuse; I can't hear the motors and the lights are 'on' in the lowered position. Tomorrow is a good day for a check.

(My car is an all-original VW-Porsche with Wolfsburg hubcaps (see my avatar pic) and Wolfsburg logo steering wheel. For the real 'connaisseurs': 1973 original number plate, which gives it away as a car that's been on Dutch roads since new! And that makes it a very, very rare 914 in this part of the woods: 99% is imported from the US and Italy).

RolinkHaus
More pics please. Great looking auto.
TX914
QUOTE(thieuster @ Dec 20 2020, 01:32 AM) *

The fog light is as ugly as can be, but back in the 70s, everybody had those lights somewhere on the back of their cars! So, I'll leave it in place.

I like the rear fog light! Gives it an 'serious Porsche road car' look. driving.gif
Dion
Made my day! Beautiful 914. Post more pics when ya can.

BTW...
I think the rear fog looks cool and purposeful.

beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.