Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 style seat covers for 914 seats?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mb911
I am thinking about the final stages of my GT ish build.. And though this would not really be correct I am thinking I might like the 911 style seat pattern. Is anyone making a kit?
raynekat
QUOTE(mb911 @ Dec 20 2020, 01:16 PM) *

I am thinking about the final stages of my GT ish build.. And though this would not really be correct I am thinking I might like the 911 style seat pattern. Is anyone making a kit?

And just what is "911 style" ?

mb911
QUOTE(raynekat @ Dec 20 2020, 01:59 PM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Dec 20 2020, 01:16 PM) *

And just what is "911 style" ?

Sorry was thinking of something like this is black of course just on the insertClick to view attachment
Tdskip
Thinking you will need to custom make those but shouldn’t be hard.

I personally don’t like when the horizontal lines extend into the headrest.
mb911
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Dec 20 2020, 02:52 PM) *

Thinking you will need to custom make those but shouldn’t be hard.

I personally don’t like when the horizontal lines extend into the headrest.

Yes I wouldn't want the headrest done that way just the inserts
Tdskip
Early Ferrari 308 style could look neat too, fairly similar to what you are thinking about.
windforfun
Those seats look like crap. But some new Recaros.
mb911
QUOTE(windforfun @ Dec 20 2020, 04:54 PM) *

Lol completly missing this.. Those are not what I want to put in.. That is a sample of the pattern I am looking for.. I love the 70s style factory 911 seat pattern look.. I don't think I want stock looking and not thinking tartan is my thing either.. I have seen some people do the 911 door panels and though I am not doing that I thought maybe the seats might be nice..

Or maybe something like my 964? Spit balling hereClick to view attachment
FRUNKenstein
Try Lseat.com:

https://www.lseat.com/products/1974-1983-po...vers-front.html

I bought my 944 Turbo from them a couple of years ago and am very pleased.
raynekat
The pinstripe seats could look very nice in your car.....

QUOTE(mb911 @ Dec 20 2020, 05:13 PM) *

QUOTE(windforfun @ Dec 20 2020, 04:54 PM) *

Lol completly missing this.. Those are not what I want to put in.. That is a sample of the pattern I am looking for.. I love the 70s style factory 911 seat pattern look.. I don't think I want stock looking and not thinking tartan is my thing either.. I have seen some people do the 911 door panels and though I am not doing that I thought maybe the seats might be nice..

Or maybe something like my 964? Spit balling hereClick to view attachment

Tdskip
QUOTE(FRUNKenstein @ Dec 20 2020, 10:59 PM) *

Try Lseat.com:

https://www.lseat.com/products/1974-1983-po...vers-front.html

I bought my 944 Turbo from them a couple of years ago and am very pleased.

Not to hijack but thanks for posting this source.
Tdskip
QUOTE(mb911 @ Dec 20 2020, 08:13 PM) *

That is a sample of the pattern I am looking for.. I love the 70s style factory 911 seat pattern look.. I don't think I want stock looking and not thinking tartan is my thing either.. I have seen some people do the 911 door panels and though I am not doing that I thought maybe the seats might be nice..

I think the horizontal pleat in the middle would look great.

Horizontal like these maybe?

Click to view attachment
mb911
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Dec 21 2020, 08:43 AM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Dec 20 2020, 08:13 PM) *

That is a sample of the pattern I am looking for.. I love the 70s style factory 911 seat pattern look.. I don't think I want stock looking and not thinking tartan is my thing either.. I have seen some people do the 911 door panels and though I am not doing that I thought maybe the seats might be nice..

I think the horizontal pleat in the middle would look great.

Horizontal like these maybe?

Click to view attachment

Yes just like that
Cairo94507
@Tdskip , man that is a beautiful seat. beerchug.gif
Tdskip
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Dec 21 2020, 11:49 AM) *

@Tdskip , man that is a beautiful seat. beerchug.gif

Too bad it isn’t mine. biggrin.gif
mepstein
I don’t care for the raised vertical seam on the bolster but otherwise it looks really good.
tygaboy
Here are my GT Classics. I spec'd the grommets and they came like this, with the horizontal look.
mb911
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Dec 21 2020, 10:39 AM) *

Here are my GT Classics. I spec'd the grommets and they came like this, with the horizontal look.

Those are not bad.. I need to look at cost of those
Tdskip
I've always worried, quite possibly for no reason, that all those metal rings won't stand up to wear and tear (fabric pulling away) or be felt through a tee shirt (SoCal baby!).
Mikey914
The metal should be fine. They just need aback flap so that you can't see through to the cushion.
-Mark
mb911

Are the GTS prices per seat or both seats?
mepstein
QUOTE(mb911 @ Dec 21 2020, 06:34 PM) *

Each
Sway Bar
QUOTE(mb911 @ Dec 21 2020, 04:34 PM) *

Prices are per seat...Stefan makes some top notch seats but the price does reflect accordingly. You can custom almost everything. You can give him your height and weight even and he'll do some customizing. One thing to be aware is that he uses his own seat frames so typically the bolt/anchors points require adapters or his seat rails. For your fab skills that's pretty straight forward.

The Scheel looking seats I put in my 914 but had to use my own/custom seat rails

I've used his seats in 3 of my builds but I kinda think of the seats as the jewelry part of the interior

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.