Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS Type 4 Dipstick Thermometer Sold
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
rasam
I have a hard to find Type 4 Dipstick Thermometer, used a short time on my 1.7. I removed it when I sold the car.
$60. plus shipping. Paypal is preferred.

PM me if interested

Sold
Tdskip
I will take it please, I left mine on the ‘73 I sold like a dope.

I’m also in SoCal.
rasam
QUOTE(rasam @ Dec 20 2020, 03:42 PM) *

I have a hard to find Type 4 Dipstick Thermometer, used a short time on my 1.7. I removed it when I sold the car.
$60. plus shipping. Paypal is preferred.

PM me if interested

Sale pending
rasam
Sale pending to Craigers17
rasam
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Dec 20 2020, 03:54 PM) *

I’m also in SoCal.

You would have got it if you PM'd me
Tdskip
QUOTE(rasam @ Dec 20 2020, 07:15 PM) *

QUOTE(Tdskip @ Dec 20 2020, 03:54 PM) *

I’m also in SoCal.

You would have got it if you PM'd me

WTF is with this?
Gint
Seems pretty obvious to me. One of the seller's terms was "PM me if interested".
rasam
QUOTE(Gint @ Dec 22 2020, 08:12 AM) *

Seems pretty obvious to me. One of the seller's terms was "PM me if interested".

Yep
GregAmy
QUOTE(rasam @ Dec 22 2020, 06:40 PM) *

Yep

Yeah, well...be that as it may, that's not the culture here. And someone with 18,500+ posts in five years should recognize that.

You can be "that guy", lazy and waiting for an email notification to show up to sell your stuff, but I suggest you're a better community member if you also monitor your posts so you can make it available to first response...you know, like all of the rest of us do.

Your call.

GA
FlacaProductions
I think the "rules" were pretty well laid-out. Just like Oscar's holiday thread - things needed to be done in a precise/exact way to be the winner. It's not a big deal but the seller followed his own rules - first PM, not first response in the thread.
Literati914
I agree in this instance, 'cause the seller actually stated to PM him (kind of rare)- what gets me is when the seller does not make such a statement, but accepts a first PM even though it's usually first to speak up in the thread. Lost lots of items because of that. The problem being that if you take the time to PM when it doesn't say to, someone can swoop in and 'call it' in the thread and then the seller goes that way. Wish there was a format that everyone excepted.
FlacaProductions
State the rules - those are the ones that are accepted.
Craigers17
So I feel obligated to add some facts to this thread. When I sent the PM, there weren't any responses to the thread yet. I immediately went back to the thread to make a "PM sent" post and TDSkip had by then already posted. It was literally a Bang, Bang deal....as is always the case with these dipsticks. I chose not to add that "PM sent" post, because it would have looked like I was second in line, which I was not. It was probably a case where we both responded almost simultaneously. I just went the PM route and he posted on the thread

The seller and I had a flawless transaction and he seems like a great guy. Tom also seems like a great...in fact, I agree with almost all his posts.

On other unrelated fronts, my mom has been battling Pancreatic cancer for the last 3 months....she will likely lose that battle and "walk thru the door" in the next few days. Trust me, the misunderstanding we have going on here is trivial in the grand scheme of things.

Give me a couple of weeks to square some personal stuff away and I promise I have the resources to make this whole thing "right" for all parties involved. If not, I'll at least do my best to try.

Cherish the relationships you have in life.
Merry Christmas
Literati914
Craigers, maybe this isn't the place .. I don't know, but I have to say I'm sorry to hear 'bout your mother and am sending prayers to you and yours. You're absolutely right, this stuff is so trivial. God bless.

Tdskip
I will simply say the seller has a done this before, and in the process give me a hard time over the fact that I asked him for one extra day to come and pick something up in person because my son was sick and I wanted to stay close to take care of him .

Make of that what you will.
Gint
Guys, the classifieds here are a free service. And there are all kinds of people buying and selling parts here. I typically post in the thread and send a PM both when I want to purchase a part. Sometimes I lose out anyway. I didn't lose anything I didn't already have by trying, so I don't get too upset either way.

Life's too short. I just got that reality check again earlier this month.

Happy holidays.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.