Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: heat cable guide tubes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
BillC
I'm looking for a pair of the steel tubes used to guide the heat-control cables from the lever on the center console to the engine compartment. I need the whole tubes, so they'd need to be cut out of the firewall and center tunnel, from a scrapped car.

Mine have either rusted off or been cut off by a DAPO (given the angles, they may very well have been ground off). I have a plan to make repairs if necessary, but I'd much rather get correct replacements.

Here's a pic to help clarify what I'm looking for (thanks for the pic, @bkrantz ). I circled in red the ends that are in the engine compartment, but I need the whole tubes.
Click to view attachment

Thanks!
Superhawk996
Not sure how long you can afford to wait.

I need to fabricate tubes into my tunnel - shooting to do this between now and New Year. I have ordered new metric tube from RD and I should have some scraps when I'm done.

I can so some quick measurements to make sure you'll have enough but I'm pretty sure I ordered at least 1' more on each tube than I thought I'd need.

May be a free option for you if you can wait.

@BillC
JeffBowlsby
Seems easy enough to fab from new tubing, access is the challenge.

IronHillRestorations
Looks like an easy fab using NAPA steel brake line
BillC
Yes, these do look like fairly easy-to-fabricate parts. However, I don't have anything complete on which to model them, so I would just be guessing at length(s), curves, etc. If at all possible, I'd really like to get a set of originals, to either use directly or as a template, rather than just guessing.

If I had to, I'd be willing to buy a whole complete center tunnel, as long as the price isn't too ridiculous.
914werke
Depends on what you think is ridiculous...I sectioned & sold the one pictured above & let me tell you, its a job.
RestoReese
If you are looking for metric tubing, you can find it here - https://www.restoration-design.com/store/category/TUBE
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.