Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dayton Visit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
hello all! Just got back from Dayton,OH....it was really muggy. anyway, we did these things to Al's car:
*Checked Timing/Dwell
*Swapped MPSs...mixture changed drastically.....need my MPS re-calibrated
*unplugged TPS...no change, still bucking at around 4k
*Heated up and removed expoxy plug from "failing" MPS...tuned it leaner.....runs better but still not 100% still has bucking

Then we had steak (yum thanks Al)

I mentioned my brake problem, so we got my brakes all working and all bled....

speaking of brakes, laugh.gif Al has a story to share........

Good day! Thanks Al......drive home was awesome, brakes work fine...pedal firm.
Aaron Cox
you guys change pushrod seals yet blink.gif
gklinger
.....need my MPS re-calibrated

and here I thought he had a carb... confused24.gif

just another chapter in the saga of Britt.
bd1308
sigh....saga.

i did have FI...now i have carbs. breath.

aaron, i'm ordering viton seals ASAP.
dralf
Glad to see you got home safe. But then again it was your lucky day yesterday in the fact that I just happened to have had all the tools, talent, and parts to get your brakes fixed.
As to changing push rod tubes, that would be a bigger operation and would require anesthetic (lots of beer) and at least 2 or 3 young busty nurses to wipe my sweaty brow. God was it hot yesterday. drooley.gif

Brit now has me thinking of swapping my existing FI system not for carbs but a Mega Squirt system. Are there any links or places where there is information regarding what all it takes to install one, and where best to buy one what the final price will be?

type.gif
bd1308
nobody got burned from the HEs either! Whoo Hoo

It was fun. Hot as hell and humid too. It was like walking in somebody's armpit on a hot day.
seanery
I just got back from Dayton, too!

I was doing a couple of shows for the National Aviation Hall of Fame. They were enshrining the new inductees this weekend.
One of the shows was in the Air Force Museum at Wright - Patterson AFB. It was a bitchin' place!
dralf
smile.gif Wish we would have known you were in the area, we would have thrown another steak on the grill for you.

I have your tires and wheels on my teener now, look and work great, that is when the car runs.
seanery
I'm glad the wheels are working out for you. biggrin.gif
Our trip was all work sad.gif about 80 hours in 5 days ohmy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.