Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS Restored 2.0L Air Filter Assembly 1973 or 1974
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
bdstone914
I have this nice air filter box that is correct for a 73 or 74 914 2.0. I have one top that is correct for the 73 with the cross hatching. The top with the straight bars is for a 74. I will provide which ever top you want. They are functionally identical.
Included is the flat bracket and pedestal that attaches to the runners. New rubber stoppers for the bracket will be installed. the air box has been powder coated and the clips zinc plated in yellow zinc.
Price is $125 plus shipping.

@Sea Rooster
Sea Rooster
Looks different than this one that's on a car in "Originality and History" in The Few, the Rare (Sahara Beige).

Click to view attachment

Notice the cross hatch in your picture vs the other one? Why the difference?
bdstone914
QUOTE(Sea Rooster @ Dec 22 2020, 01:54 PM) *

Looks different than this one that's on a car in "Originality and History" in The Few, the Rare (Sahara Beige).

Click to view attachment

I have seen that pattern too. I also went by the images in the 73 and 74 owners manual.
The ports on that look to be be same size.
Anybody with an LE car that can verify the pattern on their car?

@Jeffbowlsby

scallyk9
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Dec 22 2020, 08:10 PM) *

Click to view attachment

I have seen that pattern too. I also went by the images in the 73 and 74 owners manual.
The ports on that look to be be same size.
Anybody with an LE car that can verify the pattern on their car?

@Jeffbowlsby

The one on my 1974 LE Bumblebee VIN 4742914854 looks identical (top cover pattern and ports) to the one in the photo of the Sahara Beige car. I have no reason suspect it is not original to this particular car with numbers-matching motor according to a COA.
bdstone914

Click to view attachment

@Sea Rooster

So it looks like what I have is a 73 air filter that has a different pattern than the 74. Are you still interested in it ?
JeffBowlsby
LE cars have the filter box with parallel lines. The diagonal hatch pattern is the early pattern beginning in 1973
Sea Rooster

So it looks like what I have is a 73 air filter that has a different pattern than the 74. Are you still interested in it ?
[/quote]

Hi BD, I'll pass on the Air Filter Assembly. I had no idea there were two different ones available, my 73 has the one without the cross hatch.

Thank you sir!
bdstone914
[quote name='Sea Rooster' date='Dec 23 2020, 08:43 PM' post='2877576']
[/quote]

Hi BD, I'll pass on the Air Filter Assembly. I had no idea there were two different ones available, my 73 has the one without the cross hatch.

Thank you sir!
[/quote]

That is interesting. We have an LE with the cross hatch. I would not be surprised that Porsche used what they had on hand as they are functionality identical.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.