Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1970 survivor refresh - thanks vendors!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jhynesrockmtn
I sort of tripped over this 1970 earlier this year and couldn't pass it up. It ran like crap, wouldn't stop and didn't shift when I drove it. I also couldn't find any rust, the suspension was solid, it had character and of course, Tangerine!

It had two prior long term owners, all records from new and a set of factory manuals. I tracked the original person down and he recalled the car fondly and gave me some good info. We will hopefully connect in 2021 to take him on a drive. He's well into his 80's.

After several months of mini projects and thanks to PMB, 914rubber.com, Chris at Tangerine racing and Auto Atlanta it is a running and driving car. Keeping these cars running would not be possible without the mad geniuses on this board and the vendors who make/sell parts. Thanks to all of you!

It mainly suffered from sitting. So, new braking system components installed. All new shifter bushings. New metal and rubber fuel lines, new pump and tank redone. The tank was a bit rusty and it still had the plastic lines. Polished Fuch's I had on the shelf and new tires replaced the 25 year old ones that looked new. New heater cables. Parking brake handle repaired. There are still many smaller projects to get done but those can all wait.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

The Double S
Looks awesome! I have a 70 also and in the midst of a rebuild. You're a great inspiration for me as I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel quite yet lol. I'm also jealous of that lift in your garage. Enjoy!
808 WRX
Sounds like a perfect starting point! wub.gif
Cairo94507
Great job. Now enjoy driving it as you continue to bring it into top condition. beerchug.gif
914Sixer
Sweeeet!
mepstein
Early cars are the best. smilie_pokal.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
great looking LOVE the tangerine color with the fuchs and chrome bumpers. Good job
MM1
Nice job!
Mikey914
Always happy to help out. Nice looking car by the way
rgalla9146

Early car, Home Run ! Beautiful !
jhynesrockmtn
QUOTE(808 WRX @ Dec 24 2020, 09:48 AM) *

Sounds like a perfect starting point! wub.gif

This one will stay bone stock, assuming you mean starting point for some type of build. It's too original to screw around with. I do have a 72 that needs rust repairs and paint. That will get a built motor based on a 2 liter 4 and a side shifter conversion. The original 1.7 will go on the shelf.
wonkipop
ah mate, thats great. its come this far keep it the way it is. good on you.
Arno914
BEAUTIFUL CAR!
Reminds me on my first 914 (the car that started it all...) back in the late 80´s. Same awesome color. Chrome bumpers. Sold it because of some rust on the longs and still regret it. headbang.gif
Back then not really worth keeping, now it would be the perfect project. Well...back then 356´s were also tossed...

Enjoy!

Arno

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.