Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel leak
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ebradley
Hi
I found gas leak from my 74 Porsche 914 2.0. Coming from fuel injector #3 I’m guessing. It’s leaking from the top connection. Do I need to change the injector or just a hose? Sorry for dumb question
Thanks all
jhynesrockmtn
QUOTE(Ebradley @ Dec 25 2020, 01:09 PM) *

Hi
I found gas leak from my 74 Porsche 914 2.0. Coming from fuel injector #3 I’m guessing. It’s leaking from the top connection. Do I need to change the injector or just a hose? Sorry for dumb question
Thanks all

I recently went through and changed out all of the fuel hoses on my 1970. I didn't know the history on them and had a leak at one of the injectors. If you don't know the history on yours I'd suggest changing out all of the engine compartment hoses with a kit from one of the vendors like Auto Atlanta or 914rubber.com. Not a great place to have a leak
rhodyguy
Post some picture of what is happening. Easier to diagnose.
bdstone914
QUOTE(Ebradley @ Dec 25 2020, 03:09 PM) *

Hi
Thanks all

Remove the injector and pressurize it with air. See where the leak is from. No one can tell you if it its the hose or injector. If it is the injector you need to replace it. If it is the hose I would replace all four hoses.
Mcraneiowa
Did you recently remove and replace the injector? If so, if you did not seat it properly it will spray from around the injector. If you did remove it previously and the seals are new, try to pull it and seat again. Had that happen to me when I replaced with new seals. Simple fix.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.