Looks like a nice set. Click to open

@ahblain
pete000
@MM1
MM1
Thanks, Gents - pray.gif
914xr75
@MM1

Please ask the seller to do a water test for you before you buy them. I purchase some earlier in the year and when they came home one was cracked and useless. A few 914world members have pm'd me and told me the same story. I really think those old 1.7 stainless steel units have about a 50% crack rate.
Sprout
agree.gif

That price is way too low for them to not be anything more than scrap. I learned my lesson the expensive way.
Damo
I’ve mailed him twice with a “ I’ll take them if still available “ but no reply as yet, I was going to ask about leaking or cracks before I committed. I’ll post here if I get anything back. I’m looking for a decent pair at a good price but shipping and import taxes to the UK are high, let me know if you have some available at the right price.
MM1
QUOTE(914xr75 @ Dec 29 2020, 01:45 PM) *

@MM1

Please ask the seller to do a water test for you before you buy them. I purchase some earlier in the year and when they came home one was cracked and useless. A few 914world members have pm'd me and told me the same story. I really think those old 1.7 stainless steel units have about a 50% crack rate.

Thank you, @914xr75 .

Thanks to a thread here (possiibly yours), I planned on requesting a test (pressure sounds even better). . .no reply from the seller.
mepstein
You can't really judge a parts condition by it's price. I doubt 50% of them are bad. All the ones I've had (about 10 pair) have been good (smoke tested) so using that logic, they are all good.
BillC
I have a set of tested HEs for sale here: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=347869

And, just reduced the asking price.
pete000
Sounding like a phishing scam. Sadly all the sites are venerable for this annoying behavior.
Damo
Bill, I messaged you a week or so ago about your exchangers and I’m still looking into shipping prices. If you could come down a bit on the price of yours I’d be seriously interested in them. Import costs and admin on items from the US add considerably more to the overall cost of items. Let me know if we can do a deal.
mepstein
QUOTE(Damo @ Dec 31 2020, 11:28 AM) *

Bill, I messaged you a week or so ago about your exchangers and I’m still looking into shipping prices. If you could come down a bit on the price of yours I’d be seriously interested in them. Import costs and admin on items from the US add considerably more to the overall cost of items. Let me know if we can do a deal.

check parcelmonkey.com
I've been using them for overseas shipping and seem to have good rates.
BillC
QUOTE(Damo @ Dec 31 2020, 11:28 AM) *

@Damo
Hi Damon,

I have not forgotten you. However, it's been 10 days since I last heard from you, and I just assumed you lost interest. Further discussion between us should probably be taken back to private messages.
AmjadY
The set referenced in the original post are sold (finally heard back from the seller on samba)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.