Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 Oil Cooler and Fuel System
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Greg914-6GT
Buttoning up my restoration. Oil and Fuel System installed. I'm no expert, so I followed the advice of Zotz's, JB Racing, and BAT Mocal. I have a ton more in-depth photos, but I tapped out the file attachment capacity with these two photos. Can anyone shed some light on how to upload more photos? I'm guessing the resolution is to high? I'm using an iPhone 12 and it creates these huge files, but the quality is amazing.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Montreal914
Yes photos need to be reduced in size as there is a limit for every post.

But since we enjoy pictures, please post more! smile.gif
Bucci
@Greg914-6GT

Here’s how I upload my iPhone pictures which you are correct has astonishing resolution. Better than any camera I’ve ever owned.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Greg914-6GT
QUOTE(Bucci @ Dec 28 2020, 02:03 PM) *

@Greg914-6GT

Here’s how I upload my iPhone pictures which you are correct has astonishing resolution. Better than any camera I’ve ever owned.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Thank you
Greg914-6GT
QUOTE(Greg914-6GT @ Dec 28 2020, 01:43 PM) *

Buttoning up my restoration. Oil and Fuel System installed. I'm no expert, so I followed the advice of Zotz's, JB Racing, and BAT Mocal. I have a ton more in-depth photos, but I tapped out the file attachment capacity with these two photos. Can anyone shed some light on how to upload more photos? I'm guessing the resolution is to high? I'm using an iPhone 12 and it creates these huge files, but the quality is amazing.

Thanks for tips to add photos, these are significantly lower resolution than the first two photos. Note the AN 16 oil lines through out, lack of thermostat as directed by JB Racing. The engine and oil tank we modified to accommodate the larger size. I went with black lines for a more vintage look. The vented plate in the front trunk sealed up the gapping hole that was there. I can't believe how much drag that must have caused at Daytona, all the wind vortices. I made it so it's removable. Fuel tank was custom made to fit snugly over the oil cooler shroud, so it's angled on the underside. Glad my wife is a Doctor and gives me an unlimited budget hahaha

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=774
643]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid
=774647]
wndsrfr
That metallic gold is simply the best color--congrats on a nice build.
Check that the tank filler plate is electrically grounded to the chassis--it's isolated by the gasket so even though it appears connected it may not be.
Looking forward to seeing you at the track....
Mark Henry
Soooooo....how much coin do you have invested in hose and fittings alone?

smile.gif
wndsrfr
Also do a bit of math comparing the air exit louvers opening area to the cooler dimensions... you will want at least 25% greater exit area for it to be effective...and are the louvers angled to extract the flow? Hard to tell from your pic....easy to fix while the tank is out...
brant
GREAT looking car!
really nice to see a vintage car with great detail.

what displacement in the twin plug?

brant
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.