Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Upholsterer Needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ansbacher
Targeting this coming year to get my seats reupholstered. I would buy the kits, but would probably farm out the actual upholstery work. Does anyone know of a good upholsterer in the Tampa Bay Area (preferably the St. Petersburg/Clearwater side)?? Hopefully someone with experience on these type seats. Suggestions welcome.

Ansbacher
Cairo94507
Our seats are actually pretty simple in design. I would just get a bunch of photos of stock seats from all angles and give them to an upholstery shop that has been recommended or is known for restoration work that has been in business for a few decades and tell them to go to town on them. beerchug.gif
rlotesta
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Dec 29 2020, 09:36 AM) *

Our seats are actually pretty simple in design. I would just get a bunch of photos of stock seats from all angles and give them to an upholstery shop that has been recommended or is known for restoration work that has been in business for a few decades and tell them to go to town on them. :beer2:

Auto Atlanta can do a complete seat rebuild including foam cushioning material. I purchased a rebuilt drivers seat for my 1976 and it looks and cushions like the original passenger seat. Be careful on your material selection. The vinyl pattern for 1975 and 1976 is different than earlier models. Also the right and left seats are not interchangeable due to the headrest angle and clearance for the parking brake handle.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Dec 29 2020, 06:36 AM) *

. . . . . give them to an upholstery shop that has been recommended or is known for restoration work that has been in business for a few decades and tell them to go to town on them.

agree.gif When I needed a seat recovered, I found a Hot Rod Shop that had been in the same sketchy location since the 70's.
Talk to the guy in the back who does the work, not just the person at the counter. smile.gif

I was totally satisfied with the results. ($250. no tax, no receipt.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.