Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Plaid seat covers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jimbo409
Where can I buy the plaid or houndstooth seat covers for a 1970 914
slowrodent
I've seen them at 914rubber.com and on ebay.
drem914
914rubber.com has a full schedule of tartan and hounds tooth for seat upholstery kit covers.
flat4guy
Got mine at 914rubberClick to view attachment
FRUNKenstein
Ordered my blue plaid seat covers from 914rubber.com on Thanksgiving. Received them a few days later. Still waiting on my auto trim guy to put them in, but they look very nice and high quality.
Gary
Another 914rubber set:
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Gary @ Dec 29 2020, 07:17 AM) *

Another 914rubber set:

i have the same inserts from 914rubber- btw nice seats!! who did the side bolsters for you? @Gary
Gary
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Dec 29 2020, 09:08 AM) *

Another 914rubber set:

i have the same inserts from 914rubber- btw nice seats!! who did the side bolsters for you? @Gary

@DRPHIL914 - good eye. They are recovered Renegade Hybrids sport seats.

Click to view attachment

Not sure if they are still offering them; they are nice and secure in the twisties.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Gary @ Dec 29 2020, 03:55 PM) *

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Dec 29 2020, 09:08 AM) *

Another 914rubber set:

@DRPHIL914 - good eye. They are recovered Renegade Hybrids sport seats.

Click to view attachment

Not sure if they are still offering them; they are nice and secure in the twisties.

thought they looked familar. just looked on their website and no indication that they are still being produced, but they look like they would be excellend for a/x race support.
i may end up getting stock seats and have a local shop modify and cover , and use the 914 seat inserts i just picked up for the seat and back/headrest surfaces. its either that or spend the$$ for the GTS Classics. i love my stock recovered seats but there is no lateral support.
FRUNKenstein
I got my car back from the trim shop after they installed the 914rubber.com plaid seat covers. Very pleased. I also mounted my new steering wheel last night, so the interior of my 914 had a good day yesterday!

Click to view attachment
Mark Henry
I have houndstooth material, enough for two seats inserts/bottoms that I'm going to put up for sale.
White dry.gif WTF.gif was I thinking. I work on engines, cars, grease stains are a workplace hazzard... rolleyes.gif
wes
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jan 15 2021, 09:52 AM) *

I have houndstooth material, enough for two seats inserts/bottoms that I'm going to put up for sale.
White dry.gif WTF.gif was I thinking. I work on engines, cars, grease stains are a workplace hazzard... rolleyes.gif

If the original poster isn’t interested I might be as mentioned in PM just sent to you.
Mikey914
The material is available and not too expensive. Just a matter of sewing it up. The Hound's Tooth is much less expensive than the plaid.
bandjoey
What seems to be the going price for an upholstery shop to install the 914rubber plaid covers?
Mikey914
You may want to check out Ian's video, may be something you can do

https://youtu.be/AGmEYUzRjBg
flat4guy
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Jan 15 2021, 04:59 PM) *

What seems to be the going price for an upholstery shop to install the 914rubber plaid covers?

Think I paid $150 per seat last year
FRUNKenstein
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Jan 15 2021, 06:59 PM) *

I paid $500 total this week for 2 seats.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.