Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Early chrome bumper removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
partwerks
On the earlier chrome bumpers, for the front and rear, what all needs to be taken off, to remove the bumpers?
bdstone914
Remove the four bolts with a 13mm head from the wheel wells. A 3/8 drive ratchet with a 6 inch extension works well.
partwerks
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Dec 28 2020, 05:45 PM) *

Remove the four bolts with a 13mm head from the wheel wells. A 3/8 drive ratchet with a 6 inch extension works well.

Is that apply to both bumpers, or just the front?
9146C
The two front bolts (on each side) are accessed from inside the fender well.

For the rear, the upper bolts (single each side) are accessed from the trunk while the lower bolts (single each side) are accessed from below.
JmuRiz
Just crawl under there, take the lower valence off and it’s a snap...if I can do it anyone can wink.gif
bdstone914
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Dec 28 2020, 10:13 PM) *

Just crawl under there, take the lower valence off and it’s a snap...if I can do it anyone can wink.gif

You dont need to remove the valance to remove either bumper
mepstein
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Dec 28 2020, 11:51 PM) *

QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Dec 28 2020, 10:13 PM) *

You dont need to remove the valance to remove either bumper

agree.gif

It's a 3 minute job unless the bolts are really rusty.
914Sixer
Locate the 4 bolts for each bumper. Spray some PB Blaster and let them sit. 99% of the time they are rusted, breaking a bolt in the bumper is not a good thing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.