Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heat cable source
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mb911
Looking for a local source for the heater cables. Anyone know what the more generic source would be?
windforfun
Talk to George at Auto Atlanta. Pelican Parts perhaps. They're not local however.
mb911
QUOTE(windforfun @ Dec 28 2020, 05:58 PM) *

Talk to George at Auto Atlanta. Pelican Parts perhaps. They're not local however.

Thanks but hoping to find something local.. Its like piano wire
Bucci
https://www.grainger.com/category/raw-mater...teel/music-wire

If you have a Grainger’s nearby they carry music wire..!

Click to view attachment

QUOTE(mb911 @ Dec 28 2020, 06:20 PM) *

bdstone914
QUOTE(mb911 @ Dec 28 2020, 07:55 PM) *

Looking for a local source for the heater cables. Anyone know what the more generic source would be?

I found piano wire works better than the originals. I found they fit fine in the barrel nuts without the thick ends. There are at least five variations of the clocking position of flapper boxes so most cables are the wrong lenght

@mb911
RestoReese
Does anyone know if it is possible to replace the wire inside the Bowden cables for the air controls?

At the tail end of a 71 restoration and just learned my air blower control cable broke near the interior control box. Don't want to install the fuel tank until I get all the cables working right.

Just need that single cable and thinking I might be able to thread a new wire through the old casing.

Any other ideas on how to remedy are appreciated.
914e
QUOTE(mb911 @ Dec 28 2020, 07:20 PM) *

Ace hardware usually has 48" long piano wire, I'm not sure how long the heater cable is.
Superhawk996
Duplicate
Superhawk996
Just rebuilt my tubes and they are about 27" long + you need more wire out the ends of the tubes to get to the flappers.

The control lever is designed to have the wire folded in 1/2 so the needed length is much longer than 48".

Mikey914
We have made new Bowden cables and the seal that goes into the car (bulkhead) along with a BUNCH of goodies we are just about to announce.

Hate to be a tease but will be starting a thread this next week.
mb911
Good to know.. I will wait.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.