Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How you can tell that your 19 year old is paying Attention
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ctc911ctc
I am past the point of any expectation as to a christmas gift. However, I always pay special attention to purchasing my darling bride something special and thoughtful.....always pays off.

I got a gift from my 19 year old son, that I rebuilt the SIlver Bullet with (74 2.0), and he could hardly contain himself while I opened it.

Best Gift EVER!

Click to view attachment
Jamie
QUOTE(ctc911ctc @ Dec 28 2020, 06:57 PM) *

I am past the point of any expectation as to a christmas gift. However, I always pay special attention to purchasing my darling bride something special and thoughtful.....always pays off.

I got a gift from my 19 year old son, that I rebuilt the SIlver Bullet with (74 2.0), and he could hardly contain himself while I opened it.

Best Gift EVER!

Click to view attachment

OK, I give, what is it? confused24.gif
Jamie
QUOTE(Jamie @ Dec 28 2020, 07:13 PM) *

QUOTE(ctc911ctc @ Dec 28 2020, 06:57 PM) *

Best Gift EVER!

Click to view attachment

OK, I give, what is it? confused24.gif

I just discovered how to really enlarge the image and now I see what it is! Kool! Where did he find it?
ctc911ctc

[/quote]
I just discovered how to really enlarge the image and now I see what it is! Kool! Where did he find it?
[/quote]

The guys in our local Ace (very local, 200 yr history) have a very old version of this hanging in the fastner isle - saved us time/money over the years making certain that the size and threads are correct....

How many 19yr kids do you know that know the difference between and 20 and a 32? Or a 1.0 vs a 1.5?
Jamie
[quote name='ctc911ctc' date='Dec 28 2020, 07:20 PM' post='2878716']
[/quote]
[/quote]

The guys in our local Ace (very local, 200 yr history) have a very old version of this hanging in the fastner isle - saved us time/money over the years making certain that the size and threads are correct....

How many 19yr kids do you know that know the difference between and 20 and a 32? Or a 1.0 vs a 1.5?
[/quote]
Or know the difference between a teener and a real Porsche! hissyfit.gif
Jett
Truly the best gift! Where did he get it from?
iankarr
Very cool! I bought one for myself (sigh) last month. Here's the amazon link...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016J3Z49...=UTF8&psc=1
914xr75
Best gift ever! Just know that when you have something like this you become like the guy with the pickup truck in the neighborhood. Everybody asks you to help them move, or in our case to check a thread. lol.

Click to view attachment
914Sixer
Can't get any better than that. biggrin.gif
76-914
Smart Kid. For the rest of you, you can use a Tap & Die set with a thread gauge. Harbor Freight has them for for < $20. PS, don't try to thread anything harder than aluminum with the HF set. av-943.gif
rick 918-S
Very thoughtful gift.
Root_Werks
Very cool gift, smart kid!
Grelber
They have those exact sizers on the fastener aisle at all of the Lowes. Saves us a lot of time with customers.
Jett
QUOTE(iankarr @ Dec 28 2020, 07:41 PM) *

Very cool! I bought one for myself (sigh) last month. Here's the amazon link...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016J3Z49...=UTF8&psc=1

thanks, just ordered
Front yard mechanic
Wait a minute you got a gift to check the size of your nuts? slap.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.