Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Tins 2056 build
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
secrethandshake
Hi,

Im currently building a 2056 setup with 96mm biral AA performance pistons. Is anyone else running into the problem of the bottom tins around the pistons not fitting?

i have included a couple photos below. The bottom tin hits the fins on the pistons. Maybe i can go with out them? Everything else fits.. Thanks in advance

IPB Image
IPB Image
Tbrown4x4
Trim if you have to, but DO NOT run without them. Very important for guiding the air flow around the cylinders.
BeatNavy
QUOTE(Tbrown4x4 @ Dec 29 2020, 07:37 AM) *

Trim if you have to, but DO NOT run without them. Very important for guiding the air flow around the cylinders.

agree.gif I was a bit flummoxed when I ran into the same issue. I finally found a thread here where someone else mentioned it. Apparently it is a known issue with the 2056 builds, but I hadn't seen anything about it previously.

Yes, grind or cut that piece of tin to fit.
914Sixer
Yes, I did a thread on this about 3 years ago. The biral cylinder fins are much larger than stock cast iron.
Bleyseng
I just bent the small area that hits out of the way so they fit right.
Montreal914
Anyone using AA Birals 96mm cylinders with KB stroker pistons in a 2270 configuration?
secrethandshake
Phew, I almost decided to leave them out. Thank you guys! I'll def trim those pieces down.

Cheers!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.