Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Center tray?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
burton73
I was told that the tray like this without the separation inside was only on the first 50 cars or on the 50 first 914-6s

It is a question on what is different in the very first 50 cars down the line?

Thanks,

Bob B
Click to view attachment
jaredmcginness
I've never seen that, not that I am an expert. Really cool though - In for the answer.
Steve
Didn’t a black foam pad sit on top of it? I had a NOS plastic one like that years ago that I sold. I like the wooden hinged box better, but if your trying to be period correct than it makes sense.
gereed75
Not sure about the exclusivity of that type tray. That is the one I have. Not sure it s original to the cat - number 379 six

I know that these were considered by the factory as third passenger middle seats, but I could never understand why the foam cushion is contoured to fill in the entire volume of what could have been storage space??

At least the hinged wooden box provides storage. Was the wooden box type factory original or after market?
Steve
QUOTE(gereed75 @ Dec 29 2020, 04:23 PM) *

Not sure about the exclusivity of that type tray. That is the one I have. Not sure it s original to the cat - number 379 six

I know that these were considered by the factory as third passenger middle seats, but I could never understand why the foam cushion is contoured to fill in the entire volume of what could have been storage space??

At least the hinged wooden box provides storage. Was the wooden box type factory original or after market?

The authenticity guide says it was only available in 1970 and modified in 71 with separate compartment. It does not say how many were made before the switch.
Jett
QUOTE(Steve @ Dec 29 2020, 04:26 PM) *

QUOTE(gereed75 @ Dec 29 2020, 04:23 PM) *

The authenticity guide says it was only available in 1970 and modified in 71 with separate compartment. It does not say how many were made before the switch.

Agreed, my understanding is that it is a third seat for the early cars that had only one moveable seat. I have a complete tray and contoured pad in a box somewhere.
fixer34
March '70 -6. Has the tray with divider, and seat pad/filler with a groove for that divider.
burton73
QUOTE(Steve @ Dec 29 2020, 04:14 PM) *

Didn’t a black foam pad sit on top of it? I had a NOS plastic one like that years ago that I sold. I like the wooden hinged box better, but if your trying to be period correct than it makes sense.

Sorry I can not find the picture of the top this AM, but it is a foam top with smooth black vinyl sides with a basket weave top. I am going to leather sides in cork leather and cork leather basket weave top.

Bob B
burton73
QUOTE(fixer34 @ Dec 29 2020, 05:34 PM) *

March '70 -6. Has the tray with divider, and seat pad/filler with a groove for that divider.

My car is a December 1969 car

Bob B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.