Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB:Trailing arm pivot shaft
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
bbrock
Looking for a single decent pivot shaft. I have the solid SS pivot shafts from 914Rubber installed but never driven but they seem unnecessarily heavy. One of my originals is corroded. If I can find a decent OE shaft, I'll swap them out and am willing to trade the SS for a single good pivot if interested.

Click to view attachment

Thanks.
carl k
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I have this pair- threads are good. See photos for condition of ends where bushings ride (I have not cleaned them).

-Carl

bdstone914
QUOTE(bbrock @ Dec 29 2020, 09:05 PM) *

Looking for a single decent pivot shaft. I have the solid SS pivot shafts from 914Rubber installed but never driven but they seem unnecessarily heavy. One of my originals is corroded. If I can find a decent OE shaft, I'll swap them out and am willing to trade the SS for a single good pivot if interested.

Click to view attachment

Thanks.

@bbrock

I have clean replated pivot shafts. I will trade you for the solid SS shafts. Will include replated nuts.
mepstein
I have seen a repair for the corroded shafts, as long as it's not too far gone. Bead blast the shafts, cover corroded part with jb weld. Turn shaft on lathe until smooth. It could probably be done with hand tools since it's not a bearing surface.

Edit - Bruce's look great.
bbrock
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Dec 29 2020, 08:35 PM) *

QUOTE(bbrock @ Dec 29 2020, 09:05 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Thanks.

@bbrock

I have clean replated pivot shafts. I will trade you for the solid SS shafts. Will include replated nuts.

@bdstone914 Deal! I should be able to pull the SS shafts over the weekend. I'll PM you to work out the details. And thanks for the note on the air guide. I don't suppose you have one.

Great tip on restoring the pivots @mepstein . Unfortunately my the one I need to replace is too far gone to trust.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.