Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Under dash controls
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BPatenious
Hi, i'm still new to this so please bear with me. I recently got a 76 914 2.0l thats in great shape and trying to see how everything works I found a push button under the dash right next to the knob that resets the odometer. Does anyone know what its for? I can't find anything in the Hayes manual I bought. Also if someone could recomend a good manual would also help. I added a pic of the car hope it comes out. ThanksClick to view attachment
mepstein
Not a stock button.

welcome.png
iankarr
Sounds like something that may have been part of an alarm system. And welcome.png
PanelBilly
Maybe an electric trunk release. And welcome to the fun
abes914
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Dec 30 2020, 03:36 PM) *

Maybe an electric trunk release. And welcome to the fun

agree.gif

Mine was set up like that.
Front yard mechanic
Be careful that's the passenger eject button only use it if nessary
Cairo94507
welcome.png I had a small red button like that under the dash of my '79 911 SC coupe in 1980- it was part of the alarm system that cut power to the electronic fuel pump.
framos914
Mine had a momentary button added that operates the electric wiper fluid reservoir pump. Is it an on/off switch or momentary switch, that could be a hint as to what it might operate.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.