Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wolfsburg Crest Horn Pad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gms
I found this in my parts stash while I was packing !

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
raynekat
Those are rare and harder to fine for sure.
Great find.
I almost put one in my 914-6 conversion build.

By coincidence, there's a nice one for sale on eBay right now for $285.

Click to view attachment
SKL1
Drove one of the first 914's in the country from a dealership in MN to the one in my hometown in IA for the opening of the Porsche+Audi dealership back in '69 (or early '70). It was wintertime as there was snow on the ground!
Great job for a college kid!! It had that steering wheel and they had the VW part of the back badge covered up! They didn't have any US versions available yet!
gms
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Dec 30 2020, 10:04 PM) *

Drove one of the first 914's in the country from a dealership in MN to the one in my hometown in IA for the opening of the Porsche+Audi dealership back in '69 (or early '70). It was wintertime as there was snow on the ground!
Great job for a college kid!! It had that steering wheel and they had the VW part of the back badge covered up! They didn't have any US versions available yet!

great story!
Mikey914
Pretty sure they were used on the super beetle? I do recall seeing these in that type of application
dlee6204
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jan 2 2021, 05:47 PM) *

Pretty sure they were used on the super beetle? I do recall seeing these in that type of application

It’s similar but it’s not the same pad.

I have one of these Wolfsburg pads in my stash I’m saving it for the right build.
porschetub
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jan 3 2021, 11:47 AM) *

Not sure I had a super beetle and I seem to remember this part was a different shape,however mine was Australian assembled and had many different features than the German made ones,someone told me they were a bit of a "surplus" parts car back then until they stopped product in early 1977 if I remember rightly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.