Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: pair of decklid bumpers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
BillC
I am in sorta-urgent need of a pair of decklid bumpers, part 914-559-253-10. See attached pic:
Click to view attachment

These are the last parts I need before I can reinstall my decklid.

I ordered a set from 914Rubber weeks ago. After waiting over two weeks for the package to actually be delivered (&!$# post office), I found the other parts I ordered and a note. The note said the parts I actually need right away are backordered for at least a month. Arrrgh.

Does anyone have a pair in nice condition to spare? I can either pay you outright for them, or can replace them with new ones when the backorder finally comes in. If I have to, I can order a pair from Stoddard, but they won't get shipped until next week at the earliest.

Thanks!
theer
Bill, I might have these leftover from a big rubber kit I bought a while ago. I’ll check and let you know.

Tom

bdstone914
QUOTE(BillC @ Dec 31 2020, 09:23 AM) *

I am in sorta-urgent need of a pair of decklid bumpers, part 914-559-253-10. See attached pic:
Click to view attachment

These are the last parts I need before I can reinstall my decklid.

I ordered a set from 914Rubber weeks ago. After waiting over two weeks for the package to actually be delivered (&!$# post office), I found the other parts I ordered and a note. The note said the parts I actually need right away are backordered for at least a month. Arrrgh.

Does anyone have a pair in nice condition to spare? I can either pay you outright for them, or can replace them with new ones when the backorder finally comes in. If I have to, I can order a pair from Stoddard, but they won't get shipped until next week at the earliest.

Thanks!

@BillC
Sierra Madre shows them in stock.

https://sierramadrecollection.com/Engine-De...-76-p30359.html
Bucci
@billc

I believe you will need these adjustable bumpers.?

If I’m correct the bumpers in the picture above go underneath the body of the car to stop the front valance from rubbing on the underside tub on the front of the car.?

Click to view attachment
theer
It’s your lucky day! PM me your address and I’ll mail them out Monday. Note: I have the ones in the first picture from the OP.

Happy New Year!
PCA7GGR
The original bumpers in the first post are for the decklid (AKA "engine lid").
BillC
QUOTE(theer @ Jan 2 2021, 07:55 PM) *

It’s your lucky day! PM me your address and I’ll mail them out Monday. Note: I have the ones in the first picture from the OP.

Happy New Year!

Tom, PM sent. Thanks!

QUOTE(Bucci @ Jan 2 2021, 06:59 PM) *

If I’m correct the bumpers in the picture above go underneath the body of the car to stop the front valance from rubbing on the underside tub on the front of the car.?

@Bucci
The bumpers you posted are for the front and rear trunk lids. The ones I need go inside the hinges for the decklid (aka, engine cover). Since they're kinda hidden away, most people don't know what they look like.

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jan 2 2021, 06:53 PM) *

@bdstone914
Bruce, thanks for the link. However, SMC must be very proud of their bumpers -- they want more for a pair of bumpers than 914Rubber charges for three of them.

Fortunately, I think @theer has me covered.
bdstone914
QUOTE(BillC @ Jan 2 2021, 07:41 PM) *

QUOTE(theer @ Jan 2 2021, 07:55 PM) *

Happy New Year!

Tom, PM sent. Thanks!

QUOTE(Bucci @ Jan 2 2021, 06:59 PM) *

@Bucci
The bumpers you posted are for the front and rear trunk lids. The ones I need go inside the hinges for the decklid (aka, engine cover). Since they're kinda hidden away, most people don't know what they look like.

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jan 2 2021, 06:53 PM) *

@bdstone914
Bruce, thanks for the link. However, SMC must be very proud of their bumpers -- they want more for a pair of bumpers than 914Rubber charges for three of them.

Fortunately, I think @theer has me covered.

Yeah i thought $17 was kind of high. Plus shipping
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.