Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speedometer drive seal dimensions. Does anyone have one out and can put a caliper to the seal?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914xr75
On autoatlanta.com site they have a part number that is 2,4-25,3. I'm thinking this is the width and the inside diameter. If anyone has one out and can confirm this for me that would be awesome. I can purchase this o-ring locally for a couple dollars. Auto Atlanta's $1 seal we'll come up to about $16 with shipping.

Click to view attachment
914sgofast2
Try 914Rubber.com
rgalla9146
don't forget 914 318 261 00 sealing ring ..... that's the tiny radial seal
which is often overlooked.... change it.
the O ring is 999 701 064 50 ........ 25,3-2,4
That means 25.3 mm diameter and 2.4 mm cross section
IronHillRestorations
There's three seals for the speedo drive. The small radial seal that Rory mentions, for the drive shaft, an aluminum seal ring that goes in before the drive in the pics, and then the O ring. I just replaced all three on a customer's car. There are modified drives sold (914 Rubber I think) that have an extra O ring
bdstone914
QUOTE(914xr75 @ Dec 31 2020, 03:11 PM) *

On autoatlanta.com site they have a part number that is 2,4-25,3. I'm thinking this is the width and the inside diameter. If anyone has one out and can confirm this for me that would be awesome. I can purchase this o-ring locally for a couple dollars. Auto Atlanta's $1 seal we'll come up to about $16 with shipping.

Click to view attachment

just buy it from your local Porsche dealer.
bdstone914
QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Jan 2 2021, 09:18 AM) *

There's three seals for the speedo drive. The small radial seal that Rory mentions, for the drive shaft, an aluminum seal ring that goes in before the drive in the pics, and then the O ring. I just replaced all three on a customer's car. There are modified drives sold (914 Rubber I think) that have an extra O ring

And that aluminium washer is $10.
I cant find a commercial one of that size.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.