Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Green Fog Lamp Bezel Insert Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ansbacher
Aasesales.com lists this green fog lamp bezel insert (picture below) as a 911 part. Does anyone know if it is the same diameter to fit a 914 fog lamp switch?

And yes, I know I have a '74, but I can't stand that bright yellow light in my face at night. Therefore I switched to green awhile back, but the stenciling on my existing bezel is a bit faded and I want to refresh it with a new one. Seem hard to find other than this:

Click to view attachment
mepstein
white paint with a toothpick
914sgofast2
The green knob insert probably fits; the 1960's to 1970's Hella switch knob faces are pretty standard size.

If the yellow light is too bright, try replacing the bulb itself. I have found that there are two wattage ratings for those little bulbs in the switch knobs; one is brighter than the other one, but the bulbs are physically the same size. Go to your FLAPS and look at the labels for the small bulbs. There are different wattage ratings.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Ansbacher @ Dec 31 2020, 01:35 PM) *

I can't stand that bright yellow light in my face at night.

I simply turn the knob to the left half a rotation so it breaks contact . . . . and the light goes out. MDB2.gif

Then . . . . popcorn[1].gif

If I want to use the little yellow mini map light . . . . I just turn it back. biggrin.gif
silverg
I need a yellow lens - will you sell yours?
silverg
QUOTE(Ansbacher @ Dec 31 2020, 01:35 PM) *

Aasesales.com lists this green fog lamp bezel insert (picture below) as a 911 part. Does anyone know if it is the same diameter to fit a 914 fog lamp switch?

And yes, I know I have a '74, but I can't stand that bright yellow light in my face at night. Therefore I switched to green awhile back, but the stenciling on my existing bezel is a bit faded and I want to refresh it with a new one. Seem hard to find other than this:

Click to view attachment

I need a yellow lens - I can provide a green one
Ansbacher
Sorry, gotta keep my yellow lens for shows (if we ever have them again) for originality. Thanks for all the great ideas and info. I will order the green lens and cross my fingers that it will fit.

Ansbacher
Chris914n6
Common VW switch so VW inserts will fit. Super common.
914Sixer
NLA VW PART. AA is in the porcess of making amber and green ones.
raynekat
Green lens will fit....no problem, no worries.
Chris914n6
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jan 2 2021, 06:05 PM) *

NLA VW PART. AA is in the porcess of making amber and green ones.

Well OK then. I guess it's been a while since I was looking for the blue one with a snowflake on it.
Ansbacher
Well, I'm sure all the advice I got on this was well intended, but let it be known that a 911 green lens does NOT fit a 914 fog light switch- TOO SMALL. A lesson learned for $17.50. My bad. Any 911 owners out there needing a green lens?

Ansbacher
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.