Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche Parking Plus App
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pvollma
I received a notice about a new app from Porsche called "Parking Plus" with which "you can find and book parking by simply searching your destination."

Download was free, but when I opened it and tried to enter my 914, the only Porsche models listed were 356, 911 variants, 718 variants, Taycan, Panamera, Macan, Cayenne, and Other.

Really????

I guess they don't think we park our cars ...
or give a s**t where we park them ...
or they're all up on blocks in the garage, so we can't get anywhere to park them ...
or we're supposed to use the "Volkswagen Parking Plus" app ...
mepstein
Sound like they want to know what demographic to market to.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(pvollma @ Dec 31 2020, 04:58 PM) *

I received a notice about a new app from Porsche called "Parking Plus" with which "you can find and book parking by simply searching your destination."

Download was free, but when I opened it and tried to enter my 914, the only Porsche models listed were 356, 911 variants, 718 variants, Taycan, Panamera, Macan, Cayenne, and Other.

Really????

I guess they don't think we park our cars ...
or give a s**t where we park them ...
or they're all up on blocks in the garage, so we can't get anywhere to park them ...
or we're supposed to use the "Volkswagen Parking Plus" app ...

lol-2.gif WTF.gif
Unobtanium-inc
It's like when I joined PCA about 10 years ago and they ask you to enter your VIN, I said 88775. They kicked it back, not a valid VIN. I called them and they said it again, not a Porsche. I said it's a 60 Porsche 356B Roadster, the lady said, "oh, one of the old ones"
She had to get someone to help her input it some other way.
r_towle
I’m still trying to wrap my head around where in the world would I need to reserve parking....
SKL1
I downloaded it a few days ago and put in Scottsdale for the heck of it- said there was no parking spots available... not sure when I'd ever use it.

(and being the bastard stepchild in nothing new- when I joined PCA 50 years ago when I got my 914 many in the club didn't want us- it was just a VW. Beating 911's in an autocross was just that much sweeter.)
tazz9924
The only parking id need to reserve is on top of 4 jack stands
Jett
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 2 2021, 08:11 PM) *

I’m still trying to wrap my head around where in the world would I need to reserve parking....

Sports event, maybe?
AZBanks
There are parking facilities near the Austin TX convention center that you have to reserve on-line. The facilities had their own app two years ago but I wonder if the Porsche app will tie into similar facilities.
73-914
most likely another way for Porsche to sell your info
rhodyguy
Hacker's dream.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.