Full Version: 914 moonroof
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Unobtanium-inc
Anyone remember these?
VegasRacer
What has been seen, can not be unseen. blink.gif

several of them, in fact. barf.gif
anglophone1
Tango 914 came with two targa tops- one with a moonroof- I’m puzzled why anyone would do that on a car with a removable roof?
sixnotfour
Chevy Van
JeffBowlsby
Mitcom was one mfr. But the ones I have seen were an acrylic glazing and rubber zip-rib perimeter gasket.
BillJ
Hsve one of those in storage
wes
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Jan 2 2021, 08:04 AM) *

Mitcom was one mfr. But the ones I have seen were an acrylic glazing and rubber zip-rib perimeter gasket.

Was that a aftermarket kit?
mepstein
Poor mans saratoga top
914Sixer
The added weight damm near made it too bulky to handle. NOTICE she has roof resting on targa bar and NOT lifting it.
rhodyguy
"The ultimate in visual perfection". dry.gif biggrin.gif Ulitimate. Perfection. Pretty bold statement. Swell ad.
Root_Werks
icon8.gif
bkrantz
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 2 2021, 12:32 PM) *

Poor mans saratoga top

What about putting a moon roof in a Saratoga top?
djway
QUOTE(bkrantz @ Jan 2 2021, 06:07 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 2 2021, 12:32 PM) *

Poor mans saratoga top

What about putting a moon roof in a Saratoga top?

DUDE
SO.O.C914er
Some day 914rubber will complete Saratoga tops again! Maybe 2021. popcorn[1].gif stirthepot.gif
flat4guy
In the summer it was like sitting under a heat lamp
DRPHIL914
when i bought my car it cam with 2 tops, a very nice original top, and a body color one with a moon roof in it. it’s very well done and it is pop up not fixed, it’s tempered tinted glass so it does not radiate heat in the summer. before i did my repaint and restoration on the car i drove it regularly and left that top on in the summer rainy season around here because i could pop that open and get good air flow without letting rain in , or if it was 99 and 90% humidity but sunny not bake my bald head lol! i like it and i still have it, and some day i will fix the chipped off front corners and repaint it. btw the car was in 29 Palms CA for about 20 year before coming back east, so that’s were that was done.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.