Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Bursch 914-4 2.0 Exhaust
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
russmoffat
Hi All,
My old Bursch exhaust for my 73 2.0 4 cylinder. The old one finally gave out and I have always really liked it. I see there is an old one for sale here already. Anyone know where I can get a new one or like-new one?
Thanks,
Russ
tpines
There's one on ebay right now brand new for $350. Good luck!

Clark
rhodyguy
If the piping is still sound, the muffler is easily replaced. Substantial savings+0 shipping $.
russmoffat
QUOTE(tpines @ Jan 2 2021, 02:28 PM) *

There's one on ebay right now brand new for $350. Good luck!

Clark

Thanks Clark. I saw that. Unfortunately that one is for a six cylinder.
russmoffat
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jan 2 2021, 02:36 PM) *

If the piping is still sound, the muffler is easily replaced. Substantial savings+0 shipping $.

Interesting. Yes it is the main muffler part that has a hole and loose parts inside. You think most muffler shops can fix?
ndfrigi
Or you should try Dave’s Triad muffler.
aharder
www.burschexhaust.com
mtn flyr
I have one with a few hours on it..
Robarabian
Seems they dont support 914 anymore.

QUOTE(aharder @ Jan 2 2021, 03:28 PM) *

www.burschexhaust.com

IronHillRestorations
I think I have a NOS 2.0 Bursch, but shipping to California will be spendy
russmoffat
QUOTE(mtn flyr @ Jan 2 2021, 03:42 PM) *

I have one with a few hours on it..

Willing to part with it? How much?
russmoffat
QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Jan 3 2021, 11:37 AM) *

I think I have a NOS 2.0 Bursch, but shipping to California will be spendy

How much do you want for it? How much you think for shipping?
JeffBowlsby
When I had a Bursch I had a local shop weld on a Magnaflow muffler from Summit Racing to replace the original. Not expensive, looked good and had a great sound.
mepstein
You could get one of ours. They are a little more expensive since they are handmade in USA from high quality stainless but you won’t have to buy a replacement every couple years. Available in side exit or dual rear exit.
russmoffat
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 3 2021, 01:12 PM) *

You could get one of ours. They are a little more expensive since they are handmade in USA from high quality stainless but you won’t have to buy a replacement every couple years. Available in side exit or dual rear exit.

How much are these? How’s the sound?
mepstein
$595

I linked a sound clip but a muffler will not sound the same on different cars. A fuel injected car sounds different than a car with carbs, etc. The single side out will also be a bit quieter than the dual out.

These are also much lighter than stock or aftermarket.

https://youtu.be/E_9CVVIsij0
russmoffat
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 3 2021, 07:23 PM) *

$595

I linked a sound clip but a muffler will not sound the same on different cars. A fuel injected car sounds different than a car with carbs, etc. The single side out will also be a bit quieter than the dual out.

These are also much lighter than stock or aftermarket.

https://youtu.be/E_9CVVIsij0

Sounds good. I think I'd want the single out. Pipe is on the left, correct? How do I place an order?
aharder
QUOTE(Robarabian @ Jan 2 2021, 08:11 PM) *

www.burschexhaust.com

Interesting, I just got a replacement Muffler only about 6 months ago. They have a life time warranty. I worked with them just to send me the muffler only and it cost me around 50 bucks to keep my old one. They refub the tips, or that's what I was told
russmoffat
QUOTE(aharder @ Jan 4 2021, 05:12 PM) *

QUOTE(Robarabian @ Jan 2 2021, 08:11 PM) *

www.burschexhaust.com

Interesting, I just got a replacement Muffler only about 6 months ago. They have a life time warranty. I worked with them just to send me the muffler only and it cost me around 50 bucks to keep my old one. They refub the tips, or that's what I was told

I emailed them and left a VM, will let you know what they say.
rick 918-S
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=350847

If you need a better price I am open to offers.
Mark Henry
I have a new bursch, at least I think it's a bursch.
It's for a 1.7 or 1.8 heater boxes, make sure you get the correct one for your heater boxes, the 2.0 version will not fit the 1.7/1.8 and vice versa.

It's on my wife's 914 but it hasn't been fired up, I also cut off the old tip and welded on a much nicer SS tip. I replaced the tip because the old tip wasn't centered correctly on the rear valance and it looked sucky. I believe this is old stock, maybe even 80's vintage.

I'd be willing to sell it because I have another bursch that's only been on a car for a short period. The 2nd one has surface rust and I would also be willing to sell this one (less money of course), I just need one or the other.

PM me if interested.
Mark Henry
dp
Jett
I bought a new muffler from 914Werk, but it had some storage scratches. Here is the original pic plus the new connecting pipe...

Note, I painted the muffler with matching high temp black paint and will add a pic tomorrow.

smile.gif I ended up going with the stock 75 setup
bbrock
QUOTE(Jett @ Jan 11 2021, 11:59 PM) *

I bought a new muffler from 914Werk, but it had some storage scratches. Here is the original pic plus the new connecting pipe...

Note, I painted the muffler with matching high temp black paint and will add a pic tomorrow.

smile.gif I ended up going with the stock 75 setup

FWIW, I bought a Bursch brand new in the late 80s and it came straight out of the shipping box looking worse than that one. I think the paint they used on those things was pretty crappy.
Craigers17
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/pts/d/san-...7262195819.html

@russmoffat ...there ya go.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.