Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Free - 1975 2.0 engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
ewdysar
Free to a good home.

1975 2.0 engine. Ran well but was developing a rod knock. Removed from car about 25 years ago, the donor car was built into a V8 conversion. I thought that I might eventually use this type IV engine as a core for a buggy, VW, or 914 build, but apparently, that is not going to happen.

Engine is as seen in the photos, and includes installed clutch and pressure plate, right side heat exchanger, rear valence, and rear exhaust support. All items must be taken together.

I’m in the Pasadena area. Email me (not PM) to arrange for pick up.

Happy Holidays.
Eric
abes914
QUOTE(ewdysar @ Jan 2 2021, 02:09 PM) *

Free to a good home.

1975 2.0 engine. Ran well but was developing a rod knock. Removed from car about 25 years ago, the donor car was built into a V8 conversion. I thought that I might eventually use this type IV engine as a core for a buggy, VW, or 914 build, but apparently, that is not going to happen.

Engine is as seen in the photos, and includes installed clutch and pressure plate, right side heat exchanger, rear valence, and rear exhaust support. All items must be taken together.

Happy Holidays.
Eric

Hi Eric. Please let me know your email address. Very much interested in this please.

Thanks
Abe
ewdysar
QUOTE(abes914 @ Jan 2 2021, 02:20 PM) *

QUOTE(ewdysar @ Jan 2 2021, 02:09 PM) *

Free to a good home.

Happy Holidays.
Eric

Hi Eric. Please let me know your email address. Very much interested in this please.

Thanks
Abe

email sent. blink.gif
930cabman
Good deal for somebody, too bad you're 3,000 miles from me
ewdysar
QUOTE(930cabman @ Jan 2 2021, 02:56 PM) *

Good deal for somebody, too bad you're 3,000 miles from me

agree.gif Yep, it’s a good deal, but fully depreciated in my personal value.

It looks like Abe is going to try to pick it up next weekend. This should fit right in with his low budget project. smash.gif I’m glad that it is going to someone that might actually use it, rather than flip the parts. beerchug.gif
Robarabian

Second in line in case Abe cant get it or doesn't want it. PM sent. TY.
mmichalik
I'll be third in line and can be there tomorrow to pick it up smile.gif
ewdysar
The engine and bits left today. It feels good to reclaim a little garage space and help a fellow member make some progress on his project.

A big thanks to 914World for keeping our hobby alive! first.gif

Eric
ndfrigi
Nice meeting you Eric! I’m sure Abe will be able to use it to replace his 1.7 engine. Hope you give us update on your new 1914 Ford Model T project!

Stay safe and God bless!
abes914
Nice meeting you again Eric and thank you for the engine. Can’t wait to start working on the engine and make it nice and roaring again! And thanks Noel for the extra needed hand!

Stay safe everyone!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.