Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: matching numbers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Flyinlow
Hi I'm wondering if anyone could direct me to good source for information on matching engine and VIN numbers . thanks
lalee914
QUOTE(Flyinlow @ Jan 2 2021, 08:26 PM) *

Hi I'm wondering if anyone could direct me to good source for information on matching engine and VIN numbers . thanks

There are a couple members here who might be able to help. You could try contacting member DUG who seems to be knowledgable about 914/6 engine numbers and VIN numbers. If you have a VIN, Dave Pateman can probably get you the engine and maybe transmission number and a lot of other useful info.
JeffBowlsby
A COA (or PPS now) is your only source for 100% certainty.
gonzo54
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Jan 3 2021, 02:54 PM) *

Jeff, do you know how much a PPS costs?
Thanks
JeffBowlsby

https://www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesands...calcertificate/
dhuckabay
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Jan 4 2021, 11:16 AM) *

They have certainly made this hard and expensive. Glad the LE came with it.
JeffBowlsby
Was not that long ago when the COAs were $110 and everybody griped about that - somewhat justifiably. Now at 5x that cost...those old COAs can be valuable to those that care.
gonzo54

Wow, what a markup-wish I would have got the COA when I purchased my car.
930cabman
QUOTE(gonzo54 @ Jan 4 2021, 07:56 PM) *

Wow, what a markup-wish I would have got the COA when I purchased my car.

If I knew then what I know now, and so it goes
Cornerlot
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Jan 3 2021, 05:54 PM) *

Porsche now won't tell you now what the original engine and trans numbers were. If you tell them first they will only confirm them as matching, or "can not confirm" as matching.
davep
I provide the option of an independent Report similar to the CoA and similar in price. For some 914/6 I can actually provide the Production order document image, but at a higher price.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.