Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Koni stuts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914andy
Hi Guys,
So I dug out my Koni front struts to see about using them once again. Low and behold, I have two different styles of top nuts to hold the insert in. The thicker one has a brass insert that looks like maybe some kind of dust seal. It is about 25 mm thick.
the other one looks like a plain old top cap nut but it is only 15mm thick.
Wondering if there are variances in the length of Koni inserts or if spacers came with some. These are mid 70's struts 911 341 04210 and 911 341 0411.
Might be looking for a top nut of one kind or another.
thanks
Andy
914andy
sorry here is a top shot
Robarabian
popcorn[1].gif
bdstone914
Yes there is a lot of variation in Koni hardware. i tried to make a tool to remove the top nut but found at least four different hole spacings.

The nut should hold the insert to the bottom of the strut housing.
I have some of them. Figure out which one you need after testing the fit with what ever inserts you use.
914andy
thanks Brad
sixnotfour
The one the brass/seal is the OG caps ..ie no insert...The other is for replacement inserts..
914andy
I have to ask... what is OG. ?
Where some of these Koni made without a fully assembled insert?
trying to learn something new here beerchug.gif
sixnotfour

Exactly
Robarabian

OG is "Original Gangsta" which I think was his way of saying original install, and the other is for replacements... I could be wrong, but thats been my interpretation of using OG for decades.

QUOTE(914andy @ Jan 3 2021, 05:33 PM) *

I have to ask... what is OG. ?
trying to learn something new here beerchug.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.