Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AA Cylinder pistons
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DavidSweden
Many years ago I purchased a big bore set for my 2.0 l engine but never got around to installing it.
I'm going to change the cylinder heads and as the engine is now out of the car I wonder if its worth installing the big bore kit?
I will be running the original D Jet, the MPS is in good order and the engine is type GC with all the smog stuff removed and early exhaust system fitted. What do I need to think about?

Thanks in advance

Click to view attachment
914Sixer
MPS will have to be calibrated to run with 2056. Check piston skirt clearance at case.
VaccaRabite
The early AA sets had spotty quality control. Check each piston and cylinder for roundness. Aside from that it is totally worth it. You will need to adjust the MPS as noted, and there are several threads on how to do it.

You are doing your heads - excellent and smart move. Spend money on this! Don't go crazy on the CR. You can go a little over stock CR, but try to keep it under 9:1. You will end up with a cool running engine with a nice power boost over a stock displacement.

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.