Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "POSTED to new owner" Damaged fuchs 2.0l wheel for postage cost only.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
frostyf
I have a cracked Aug 73 2.0l fuchs wheel that a previous owner appears to have tried to repair and used as a spare only. I managed to find an undamaged replacement.

I wouldn't use it for driving and if its no use I'll ditch it. I thought I should check if anyone can make any use of it (art work or melt alloy for shop repair of another fuch)? If its any use let me know, its yours for the cost of postage and packing.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
ClayPerrine
Keep it and make one of these:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

That wheel is cracked too. So we repurposed it and it is now in our 914 room.

rhodyguy
Garden hose reel.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jan 4 2021, 08:33 AM) *

Keep it and make one of these:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

That wheel is cracked too. So we repurposed it and it is now in our 914 room.

great ideas, but wht did you use for the base @ClayPerrine ?
mepstein
Probably an old stool base.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 4 2021, 10:47 AM) *

Probably an old stool base.

Close.. We bought a wooden topped stool from IKEA, and I shortened the legs with a tubing cutter. We left off the wooden seat, and painted the top metal with thick silver paint and swirled it in a circle to look like a worn brake rotor. I bought nuts to fit the steel wheel lug bolts, and the center cap came from a 356. They were used on the 914-6 GT to cover the trunk lock hole, so it kinda fits. The glass is 17 inches, and was bought from a glass shop.

MM1
Well done, Clay - especially the radial texture on the "disk."
mepstein
I have a damaged wheel that i've been saving for the same thing. Either side table or clock.
frostyf
Need to focus more on the car I think. Will park it in a corner of the garage until I get time!

Nice table there Clay!
72914wrx
If it’s still available I’ll take I have a few ideas . Please let me know shipping to 93706 .
frostyf
QUOTE(72914wrx @ Jan 5 2021, 07:00 AM) *

If it’s still available I’ll take I have a few ideas . Please let me know shipping to 93706 .

Hi, let me work out shipping and will get back to you.

Nick
mepstein
QUOTE(frostyf @ Jan 5 2021, 07:20 PM) *

QUOTE(72914wrx @ Jan 5 2021, 07:00 AM) *

Hi, let me work out shipping and will get back to you.

Nick

It's usually ~$30 +/- at fedex to ship x-country.
sixnotfour
15 x 7 rebarrell..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.