Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Werk Reunion Thrash
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Greg914-6GT
Time to get serious about getting my car together for displaying at Werks Reunion in March. It's a race car, so concours is not the goal.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
914e
QUOTE(Greg914-6GT @ Jan 4 2021, 04:09 AM) *

Time to get serious about getting my car together for displaying at Werks Reunion in March. It's a race car, so concours is not the goal.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

From Wikipedia
EleganceConcours d'Elegance (French: concours d'élégance) is a term of French origin that means a "competition of elegance" and refers to an event where old vehicles that have never been driven or have a history are shown.

Porsche 914: A car that is driven and abused till all that is left is a VIN tag, then it is rebuilt and driven again.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(914e @ Jan 4 2021, 11:31 PM) *

QUOTE(Greg914-6GT @ Jan 4 2021, 04:09 AM) *

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

From Wikipedia
EleganceConcours d'Elegance (French: concours d'élégance) is a term of French origin that means a "competition of elegance" and refers to an event where old vehicles that have never been driven or have a history are shown.

Porsche 914: A car that is driven and abused till all that is left is a VIN tag, then it is rebuilt and driven again.

latest on the Werks Reunion at Amelia Island is registration is being postponed and event is not sure......... was going to be March 5th and registration was beginning tomorrow,
campbellcj
Lookin' good! I have been grappling with a better front duct lashup on my car - What I have is very effective but I have been manually connecting/disconnecting the hoses from the front spoiler inlets when I have to remove it for trailering, which is a PITA. But I worry about getting enough airflow if the inlets are in free air behind the spoiler, not directly connected. Have you run the car to full brake temps with a setup shown in the pics above before, along with a front airdam/spoiler?

Thanks,
brant
just to add to Chris' comments.

I don't have a deep spoiler
just the stock valence.

but I'd highly suggest that you use some brake temperature paint.
I did... and removed my front brake ducts (just like yours) completely once I measured.

I also changed pad compound by 2 steps lighter... once I found out I wasn't getting enough temp into my front brakes.

brant
campbellcj
I found I really only need/want to connect the ducts at certain tracks like Laguna Seca and when running a fairly deep front spoiler blocking a lot of the airflow normally passing under the car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.