Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pistons and fuel injection US with flat pistons.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Villemi
Hello,

I have an US 914 Porsche birth date december 75.

I want to modify the engine with a new Piston and Cylinder Set with flat pistons.

Anyone do the modification ?

Do you modify the fuel injection and the ECU ?

Is it possible with no issues ?

914Sixer
Straight up conversion. Euro Flat top pistons are 8 to 1 and USA dished are 7:6 to 1 . No fuel or ECU change. 5 hp gain.
Villemi
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jan 5 2021, 06:50 AM) *

Straight up conversion. Euro Flat top pistons are 8 to 1 and USA dished are 7:6 to 1 . No fuel or ECU change. 5 hp gain.

Thank you.

I think if I use an Euro exhaust line i will have more Hp.

If i use a big bore european kit (96x71) for 2056cm3 no more change for fuel and ECU too ?
Bleyseng
Using the early style heat exchangers will increase the HP too along with the flat top pistons. You should always check your Air Flow Ratio with a wide band O2 setup as changing anything in the engine can change it.
Villemi
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jan 5 2021, 10:18 AM) *

Using the early style heat exchangers will increase the HP too along with the flat top pistons. You should always check your Air Flow Ratio with a wide band O2 setup as changing anything in the engine can change it.

Thank you
Excuse me 914 worl is new for me.

How do You check the Air Flow Ratio with a wide band O2 ?
mepstein
I’m not trying to be a smart ass but it’s probably better to check google and YouTube to get the explanation. It’s not 914 specific.

welcome.png
914Sixer
IF you go 2056 your MPS will need retuned.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.