Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: V8 fuel lines. How to connect it all.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr. Roger
from the fuel tank I've got 2 fuel lines. I dont understand how to connect it all.

the new elect fuel pump has an input and an output. at the engine bay there looks to be 2 fuel lines coming from the fire wall.

where does everything go? =-)

when i broke it in on the bench i just ran 1 line from the temp fuel tank to the inlet of the pump.. the pump to the carb and that was it.

i dont understand what the second fuel line is for. sorry 4 the simple questions........ wacko.gif
Joe Bob
FI uses a return line to the tank...plug the little one.
dwillouby
When I built my V8 conversion I removed all the original plastic lines. I ran one 3/8 metal line in place of the two plastic lines. I connected the two outputs from the Fuel tank together and ran that to the input of the fuel pump located on the front bulkhead. I then ran one line from the output of the pump to the new metal line back to the motor.
David
snflupigus
Not all FI uses a return.... (new GM LS-engines don't) but most in the past have.
neo914-6
QUOTE (Manfred Z @ Jul 17 2005, 09:03 AM)
FI uses a return line to the tank...plug the little one.

A fellow V8 converter had so much problems with fuel starvation at races he thought it was a FI problem and reverted to carb. Comes to find out the guy who worked on his tank plugged the larger diameter fitting! wacko.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.