Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dansk 75-76 Fuel Tank
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
Found the late model Dansk fuel tank that I need for the car. Can anybody confirm expansion tank tab is in right place?

BillJ
I actually received the 75-76 version for my replacement and there is a single tab facing upwards in the center for the expansion tank. Turns out my Jan 75 build took the earlier tank. They had to send the earlier version for me so can confirm that if you only require that single upward facing tab then yep it is correct!
double-a
@914Sixer yes, i installled one last summer in my '75 1.8. the quality is good, and the expansion tank tab is correct. can get you a pic if you like.
FL000
I just had my new Dansk show up 2 days ago. Not sure if it is the one you are after but is part # 914-201-010-12. I can take some pics also if interested.
bdstone914
QUOTE(BillJ @ Jan 5 2021, 08:38 AM) *

I actually received the 75-76 version for my replacement and there is a single tab facing upwards in the center for the expansion tank. Turns out my Jan 75 build took the earlier tank. They had to send the earlier version for me so can confirm that if you only require that single upward facing tab then yep it is correct!

@billj

Others reported the seam was too high wher the plastic bridge for the strap goes and had to be trimmed. How was yours?
Alapone
QUOTE(FL 000 @ Jan 7 2021, 11:27 AM) *

I just had my new Dansk show up 2 days ago. Not sure if it is the one you are after but is part # 914-201-010-12. I can take some pics also if interested.

I installed one in my 75 over the summer. All worked fine right out of the box.

Idiot alert: After installing the tank I found, buried at the bottom of the box, a note from Manufacturer explaining the new tank “cleaning procedure”. They want you to spray it out with carb cleaner and gasoline before installing. Needless to say it’s better to do this before the tank is installed in the car!

Good luck!
BillJ
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jan 7 2021, 10:33 AM) *

QUOTE(BillJ @ Jan 5 2021, 08:38 AM) *

@billj

Others reported the seam was too high wher the plastic bridge for the strap goes and had to be trimmed. How was yours?

Actually yes mine is too high as well. I still need to go in and trim it down so that the bridge will fit properly. I actually cracked the one i have in the process of installing. Fortunately i have access to another but was a little ticked at that. Ultimately not a biggie but you will want to install loose, mark where the bridge lands, then take back out and trim, then reinstall. And yes clean the thing prior to putting it back in.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.