Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2056 D Jet Stock cam
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DavidSweden
What is the recommended compression ratio for 2056 with D jet & stock cam?

Thanks in advance
Mark Henry
ROW 914 IIRC was 8.0:1CR, I wouldn't run a whole lot higher with a stock cam.
WEB73 some have run as high as 9.0:1CR, but I'd be a bit more conservative say 8.5 to 8.7:1CR.

Big duration cams can run higher CR, but won't work with stock FI.
VaccaRabite
Very much agree with what Mark said. Keep it stock or near stock. A slight bump is fine (say by not using the head gasket) but going above 8.7:1 is going to cause issues.

Zach
porschetub
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Jan 7 2021, 10:52 AM) *

Very much agree with what Mark said. Keep it stock or near stock. A slight bump is fine (say by not using the head gasket) but going above 8.7:1 is going to cause issues.

Zach

agree.gif my last build used NOS 411 high comp pistons on carbs I was happy to dial in just over 8:6-1 as a safe margin ,IMO its about keeping max engine temps @ a managed level and that hard with a T4 @ the best of times,higher compression is a trade of for long time reliability unless you run a modern fuel system etc.
914Sixer
I used a custom grind Elgin 330-1 camshaft Slightly higher than stock for 2056 but good for FI. Kept compression 8 to 1.
sjhenry1075
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jan 7 2021, 04:30 PM) *

I used a custom grind Elgin 330-1 camshaft Slightly higher than stock for 2056 but good for FI. Kept compression 8 to 1.

What kind of performance gains did you get? Is it noticeable? What was it before?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.