Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Coil Over Conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johnmhudson111
Has anyone done a coil over conversion on their car? Wondering if there is any real world benifit to doing this other than the fct that I think it would be a cool look. confused24.gif
tat2dphreak
how would it look cool? unless you take the tire off, you'd never see it... confused24.gif

I'm sure it CAN be done(if it can be done with a 911, anyway) but I don't think you'd gain much... I could be wrong though...
ArtechnikA
it has been done.
there is not a lot of room in there; the standard strut barely fits between the inner fender well and the tire.

presumably you'd do this because you need spring rates in excess of wnat can be achieved with torsion bars, which come very stiff indeed.

the upper strut mount structure requires additional reinforcement. with the torsion-loaded A-Arm, the bottom of the tub supports all the suspension loads, and the upper bearing sees only damper loads. with coilovers, you transfer at least half the spring load to the upper bearing area.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.