Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 75 1.8 with ~85K miles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Jett
Nice looking car, but the 1.8 will make it difficult to hit the asking orice.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/be...7257908625.html
pete000
I agree, a nice base car but BAT has really got people thinking high numbers $$$$.If it was a 2.0 might be worth the asking IMHO. GLWS
yellowporky
That was for sale on the SF craigslist for $25k for about a year.
Looks like he is trying to make $10k for polishing it
skjl47
QUOTE(yellowporky @ Jan 7 2021, 12:25 PM) *

Hello; I have run into what I call speculators at least three times in the last ten years. People who buy a 914 with the plan to only resell and make money.
In fact the current market prices have pretty much pushed me out. I had the notion I would get a 914 when I bought a home with a place to keep an extra car or two.
I owned a 1972 914 from 1974 to around 1986. Figured to get one for an old age bucket list sort of thing. Now I do not find a decent 914 at a reasonable price.
JeffBowlsby
Original paint, in excellent unrestored and well maintained condition, is what is hard to find and will be more so as time goes on. Original engine?

Recall the the highest value 914s sold in the last couple of years were in the 90K range, were 75 1.8's and their high value was in part due to extremely low mileage. I say condition is more important than engine size.

I have no vested interest in this car but personally I would be delighted to own and drive it over others not so nice.
mepstein
If you go to an auction site, you are in competition with other buyers. Of course the price will be top of the market. That’s why sellers go there. There are other places, like 914world, where prices are still reasonable.
paule
If only it was Palma green
Steve H
Repeat of post from above.
BENBRO02
I hate to say it but I’ve got more money in my 75 1.8 than the asking price and this looks way better than mine.
Jett
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Jan 7 2021, 09:42 AM) *

Original paint, in excellent unrestored and well maintained condition, is what is hard to find and will be more so as time goes on. Original engine?

Recall the the highest value 914s sold in the last couple of years were in the 90K range, were 75 1.8's and their high value was in part due to extremely low mileage. I say condition is more important than engine size.

I have no vested interest in this car but personally I would be delighted to own and drive it over others not so nice.

Agreed but the 1.7 had very few miles, which makes it a bit different than one with 80K miles.
FRUNKenstein
QUOTE(skjl47 @ Jan 7 2021, 11:10 AM) *

QUOTE(yellowporky @ Jan 7 2021, 12:25 PM) *

Hello; I have run into what I call speculators at least three times in the last ten years. People who buy a 914 with the plan to only resell and make money.
In fact the current market prices have pretty much pushed me out. I had the notion I would get a 914 when I bought a home with a place to keep an extra car or two.
I owned a 1972 914 from 1974 to around 1986. Figured to get one for an old age bucket list sort of thing. Now I do not find a decent 914 at a reasonable price.

Be patient. Forget about Bring A Trailer - it's a great place to sell, but very, very difficult to get a car at less than the top of the market price. Plus the commission.

Watch Facebook Marketplace, which has overtaken Craigslist. I highly recommend buying from a private individual who has owned the car for quite a while, rather than buying from a dealer (and I've had a dealer's license since 2001).

My car found me last summer. I had been in the market for a 914 for about 4 months when I took a couple of my other cars to a local car show. A guy pulled into a spot at the show right across the aisle from me. He hopped out and stuck a "for sale" sign on the dash. His asking price was less than what I would have paid. I ended up getting it for about $1,200 less than asking. But, be prepared to pull the trigger when the opportunity arises. I was first in line and had I not been prepared to move on it immediately, there were 3 or 4 others lined up to buy.
jim_hoyland
Nice.... smile.gif Added to VIN database with pic
partwerks
No pictures of the engine bay, or under carriage.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.